Lt. Commander
# 1 Inconstancies with KDF DOFF's
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
My main Doffing toon is on the KDF side and I've noticed some weirdness.

In the nebula's you get a "Labour Requisition" mission, where you can throw your Prisoners. The main reward is 350 Dilithium. You do however need to provide provisions for them.
Where as the "Forced labour for X" mission gives you 500 Dilithium, and no need of provisions. I know where I'd be going.

Next, following from my earlier post about "Support the X expansion efforts". It seems that the Feds can gain new DOFF's guaranteed, unlike a KDF player. And doff wise it seems stacked against the KDF.
Allow me to Explain.
Fed:
Support the Expansion effort> Duty officer or a Refugee. Refugee's can be sent on missions to get Duty officers from the Asylum or sanctuary missions, of which there seems to be hundreds.

KDF:
Support the Expansion effort> Duty officer or a Prisoner. There is only one Negotiate prisoner exchange mission available, and that's very hard to find. Equally you get Prisoner's easily from marauding, which also net you Energy credits by the bucketful.

I just mention the above because I made most of my fortune from marauding, and I've been trying to get more Duty officers, but its very slow going (Plus I seem to be getting an alarming number of clones in, but that's a different story, and one I blame on that Dr Siback bloke who latched onto me).
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2012, 08:18 PM
really? I've gotten sufficient prisoner exchange missions, to the point where I have bought prisoners on the exchange. marauder helps a ton (to get into Starfleet sectors)

if anything, kdf doffing is better, mainly because dil comes easier overall. I wouldn't oppose a buff, but I honestly don't need one.