Lt. Commander
# 11
05-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seel View Post
It highly depends on what your up to.
The 6x turret build is good for 360 coverage without having "blind" spots, but the overall dmg is not that much. I would also recommend this just for PvE with anti borg wep for STF, since the turrets procs more often for 1k dmg extra.

The DHC looks awesome in the beginning, but as many say, you have the rely on your turnrate.
This i would just recommend for group PvE, where the carrier has a special task (like KA space def 1 side) wich don't need rapit change of facing. But beware, cannons and turrets lose a lot dmg over distance, and so a real waste of dps if you dont go up close an personal.

And there is the 6 beam Setup.
If you can handle the drain (and as carrier I see this as standart) this is dps wise the best of the 3. For exp. when i fire my tac team/EPW/pattern beta2 and set a sensor on the target, each beam hits for 2.8-3k dmg each shoot over the duration. On top is the dmg loss over distance not so hight as it is with cannons and turrets, making this a good setup to attack things that might get a little nasty over time (tac cube/gateway etc.)

I have testet all 3 versions + torps, and for me, the all beam build is atm the best in overall dps, and always remember, the carrier has 2 bays, use them.
For max dmg BoPs go first, if not, take the fighters.
For disable and tac cube declawing i recommend siphons.
If skilled right, tachyon drones can eat up enemy shilds pretty good (on a note, only 4 active ones are suported, so it makes no sense to take both hangars with them)

AND go for flight deck Doffs! 3 purple will give you a basic hangar CD for BoPs of 8 sec and you can spawn siphons instantly.
I see this as a good exc for all the damn PvPWhine based nerves the carrier had to take since the game was released....

sigh i hate how whenever i ask a question about cannons i get "go get beams" thanks for the advice tho dude, i appreciate it. i just hate how it always comes back to beams. there boring!! haha

but if thats the best path, i guess ill have to take it

What energy type would you use ? Id think tetryon for shield destruction in STF. but antiproton dishs the crits
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nankura View Post
sigh i hate how whenever i ask a question about cannons i get "go get beams" thanks for the advice tho dude, i appreciate it. i just hate how it always comes back to beams. there boring!! haha

but if thats the best path, i guess ill have to take it

What energy type would you use ? Id think tetryon for shield destruction in STF. but antiproton dishs the crits
The main reason that people keep recommending getting at least one beam array somewhere is so you can run your subsystem targeting abilities. Cannon type weapons can't take advantage of subsystem targeting.

As to type, Tetryon would be more useful if the STF enemies didn't have much weaker shields than hull. Disruptors and Antiproton are the ways to go.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nankura View Post
hey guys

simple question. what setup do you prefer between cannons and turrets on the Vo'QuV for damage/sustained DPS

Also. what would be the optimal hanger fighters to go for. ofcourse you start with the To'Duj, and theres advanced To'Duj, but if your after tanking yourself and your fighters doing most of the DPS ontop of your cannons. which ones dish it out
My Vo’Quv uses 5 Disruptor Turrets with 1 Disruptor Beam Array at the Fore.

All my weapons are MK XII (Borg)

The Advance BOP is in IMO much better than the standard BOP due to the fact that they load Quantum Torpedo’s and have Torpedo High Yield 2.

I use Target Subsystems Shields 3 and they follow that up with Gravity Well 3 on my targets and when their shields drop they are stuck in my well and my Advance BOP crush them.

My in combat power levels look like this:

Weapons 115
Shields 75
Engines 60
Auxiliary 80

I use the leach console that gets me a +10-15 extra power to all systems.

I run the Red Matter Capacitor for a nice power boost to all systems.

I use Standard Auxiliary Batteries that max out my Aux when I need a bit more out of my science skills and I back that up with Emergency Power to Auxiliary 1.

I only run Elite STFs and don’t waste much time with Pap.

The Vo’Quv can be quite a powerhouse once you find a build that plays to its strength.

My Advance BOP are my enforcers and my Carrier is there to make their jobs much easier by stripping away targets shields, holding them in place and draining their power and de-buffing them.

Find a setup that plays to your strengths and build off of it and add in special consoles that plug in nicely with what your Carrier does.

My Carrier uses:

The Isometric Charge Console (Works great with Gravity Well 3 and clustered targets)
The Subspace Jump Console (Get me out of Danger or setups my firing Arcs)
The Leach Console (Keeps my power level respectable)
The Acton Assimilator Console (Nice power drain and damage goes great with Gravity Well)
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-30-2012, 02:55 PM
I've been running the Voquv with 5 polaron turrets and a Polaron BA, adding the plasmic leech I get continual power drain/boost across the board plus the Polaron Procs. It seems to do fairly nice in STf's the last few times I've used it. The beam array is used for disabling shots.

In the Hanger I am using the Orion Interceptors for the weapon and engine drain and the advanced BOP for the added DPS. For the Boss I switch out the BOP for the Siphons to keep the boss at as low a power level as possible.

the key BOFF powers are
TT1, CR1, CSV2

HE1, ES2 TS3, GW3 III (sometimes Tykens Rift but in STF's I find GW more usefull)

EPS1, Auxto Struct2

ans something else I cant remember

The short of it is a continual energy drain on the customer and enough DPS to hold my own
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-30-2012, 07:27 PM
For Weapons I recommend either Disruptors for the Debuff or Polarons for the Energy Drain.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Before I ran out of things to do after hitting level 50 and rolled a new Klink, I was using polaron turrets and a single beam array on each end on the assumption the subsystem attacks only work with beams... since that's what the often dishonest tooltip says.

I was hanging back and letting the photonic fleet/ carrier pets, and consumable turrets/ fighters handle everything while I worked on dropping shields. Worked great. Faster than a Raptor to be honest. Well... Once the pets all realized I wanted them to attack anyway. Their AI is pretty dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-07-2012, 12:27 AM
ok i run voquv and catian carriers on both sides. These are my setups and reasons for each.

Engineer
Polaron
1 beam array-for subsystem targeting
2 single cannons
3 turrets
I use the proc to give myself a higher power levels. I use cannon rapid fire to increase dps. Normally i run power to weapons.

Science
Phaser
1 beam array - for subsystem targeting
2 single cannons
3 turrets
My science guy focuses on shutting down systems and destroying targets again normally run power to weapons aux batteries and shields. I switch to aux if i gotta cc alot of mobs

Tactical
Antiproton
1 beam array - for subsystem targeting
2 DHC
3 turrets
I run full power to weapons with a weapon and shield battery. I hang back with this captian at 5km and blast away.

On my science and engineer i regularly solo the close transformer cube plus 2 probes. On my tactical i can almost do the same but survival doesnt always allow me too do it. I find i gotta alot of times in pug defend 1 side probes in ka plus take on 2 cubes since someone always screws up and dies. Reason i dont use DHC on my science and engineer is they are offtank and tank setup so need to move and kill.

For hangers.
I use adv bop or slavers depends if i want contraband or not. I normally dont use siphon drones due to the fact that i figured out how to negate the torpedos by Grave well tickons rift and using intercept setup on hangers.

Turn rate. I use a single turn rate console. Omega shields for proc. if i gotta turn about i hit r then q to go in reverse while turning then hit r when im turned about to get my deflector and cannons facing the right way.

welp thats my wall o text and info i know using cannons is my choice so all my weapons but that 1 beam is on rapid fire.