Lt. Commander
What would be a good name for a Prototype Odyssey?

I just discovered I have the ship requisition from the February event sitting in one of my mothballed characters' inventories.

Since I gotten a tactical and an engineer to taste victory in elite STFs on ground and in space, it's time to try a scientist next. And its so happen I have one sitting in my character list right now. Since I wanted an area-control capable scientific cruiser, the free Odyssey was a good choice as I already have it, so long as it has that universal LTC boff.

What would be a good name for a prototype ship? I can't for the love of all that's holy think up a suitably iconic ship from TNG that's not already being used in some way. USS Odyssey is also out as it's already used by STO itself and other pilots of prototype Odysseys.

Off the top of my head, the original USS Odyssey was a Galaxy class destroyed by the Jem'hadar.

I also thought of USS Yamato, which fell victim to an Iconian virus attack. However this name too is unusable (and not nice to use) due to the Space Battleship Yamato franchise.

So what would make a nice iconic, but lesser known ship name? What can you think of from TOS and TNG?

[Lite roleplay] - Contractor specifications for Odyssey Prototype Retrofit project.

Names submitted to date:

Majestic, Prodessy - Reyan01 ( can be used as Prodigy?)
Hood - VoicesInTheDark
Columbia - Forgotten-Nemesis
Formidable, NCC-99001 - spektre12
Relativity - nrobbiec (progenitor of the timeship) - this name was chosen
Argon One - hort_wort (X universe! Very unique!)
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Prototype Odyssey?

USS Prodyssey
:p
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Prototype Odyssey?

USS Prodyssey
:p
I might as well name it a Honda Odyssey! But I like the Chrysler Town & Country more

But the name has to be more... Starfleety than that. The Contractor doing the retrofitting has high tastes
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Well, would have suggested USS Majestic... if there weren't already so many of them. Pity - good name for an Odyssey class in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2012, 02:57 AM
not sure that it's a lesser known name, but the U.S.S. Hood was an excelsior class during the TNG era and I don't remember ever seeing that name on a newer class ship
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
not sure that it's a lesser known name, but the U.S.S. Hood was an excelsior class during the TNG era and I don't remember ever seeing that name on a newer class ship
It is, sadly, all over the place in-game. A VERY popular ship name for a hood (:p) number of players.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2012, 03:04 AM
U.S.S Columbia.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-07-2012, 03:14 AM
U.S.S. Formidable, NCC-99001

Lt. Commander
# 9
06-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Added Columbia and Formidable to my list, thank you

I definitely like Columbia, paying homage to the Orbiter of same name. Fitting as well that the Space Shuttle is retired and surviving hulls donated as museums across the nation. I could write up a Starfleet version of that tale for this purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-07-2012, 03:44 AM
USS Relativity NCC-474439, be the progenitor of the flag-timeship.