Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Design
05-30-2012, 04:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58wJRrvVgZI
The vor'cha forward beam weapons, and disruptor fire should all be coming out of the front nose not the wings. This needs to be addressed. This has always been a key part of Klingon design the idea being all the captian has to do is keep his forward nose on the target, and fire away. Without necessarily having to have his whole ship in perfect angle to use disruptors. As for the aft I would assume beam weapons could fire from the wings for the aft or maybe the nacelle. This part is up for debate sense I don't ever recall seeing anything on that in star trek.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
What did you link? It's just a static image and music for me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Well, the only time I've seen the Vor'cha fire a beam was in Way of the Warrior when it got right up the Defiant's hoohoo and started picking it's ablative armour apart. In redemption it fired a heavy cannon style shot from it's nose (always wondered why no heavy single cannons in game?). We've also seen the Vor'cha fire cannons from the wingtips before.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-02-2012, 02:05 AM
I don't run beams on my Vorcha's Turrets seem to fire from a point aft and forward.

DC's fire from the nose Cannons and DHC's from the Wing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Well, those mid-wing emitters are not canon. And that is exactly where DBB's fire from. But... you can't get a canon Vor'cha anyway. First and foremost there is no heavy disruptor beam with selectable pulse mode.

I'm thinking for some time now about writing a hughe whinepost how the Vor'cha should be according to canon. But then again English isn't my first language and grammar errors won't exactly help in getting the point through.

Ah, and according to this link: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vor%27cha_class the Vor'cha has cannons/emitters on the nacelles, too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Can't have a canon Vor'cha, even Sisko ran away from one because he couldn't take it in his hero Defiant.