Lt. Commander
Uh... I know a few of us have seen the tribble patchnotes... but... uh...

D.Stahl: "I'm not sure you will call the changes 'major'..." trollface.jpg

I know reading the patchnotes and comments from people in the system is a little different then getting your hands dirty yourself but... if half of it does what It sounds like it does.

Asset 3D previews, Objective complete removal/fix/explanation, Movable/customizable asset list for maps, assets with names instead of "Object" shown on maps, reworked costume editor interface, author placed map transitions, new behavior options.

You know, I really hope someone else gets excited about this gigantic addition to the foundry after a year other than me. But if people feel more compelled to yell about the lockboxes on their podcasts whateve'...

Oh man... I'm going to need to remaster all of my missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-08-2012, 07:13 AM
I'm officially excited now!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Oh yeah, we're excited. And this probably isn't even half what's coming. The two things I remember hearing from Devs for season 6: being able to set npc walking paths and an upgraded mission search, aren't there yet. They did say June for season 6 stuff on tribble, so let's hope this is just the first of several updates!
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Resolved issues with purchasing additional Foundry project slots.
I;m hoping that fixes my issues with the foundry. Getting tired of having to create a character and then delete them just to get into the foundry and once I get there, having 1/0 project slots available.

Quote:
Increased required Contraband inputs for "Turn Over Confiscated Contraband" from 3 to 5 and increased the duration of the assignment from 2 hours to 4 hours.
booooo......

Oh well. We knew it wasn;t going to last forever.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
It looks good except for the part about Dialogue pop-ups no longer being allowed to be set to Objective Complete. Yeah, it's not a change really in that it doesn't work now, but I'd have liked to see a fix rather than just having it removed.

The problem is you can't just substitute component complete, because sometimes the objective is a reach marker. And you can't always use component reached, because that will trigger as soon as that area is entered, even if the objective to reach that area doesn't happen until later.

It's not like it changes anything as we've already had to use workarounds, but this still disappoints me.

Also has the incorrect Dialogue Pop-Up Objective In Progress error been fixed, or was that just removed too? Objective In Progress actually worked fine in testing, it just wouldn't allow testing due to that erroneous error message.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes, it looks like Objective In Progress was removed as an option for dialogues as well. I hope this is just a short term thing and there are plans to put that functionality back in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm still waiting for the ability to set objects from a character position. I can't be as detailed as I'd like in top down.