Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Unsure where to put this. So put it here.

Think PC SHould keep the current version of STO.

But think that there should be an New MMO version for Consoles.

Taking the same concepts we see in STO. Like Tactical Battles, Bridge View, Away Missions, Duty Officers, Bridge Officers etc..

But adding to it.

1. Have Crew Interaction ie like Star Trek Bridge Commander. Unsure if they would need 2 Versions of the bridge to make this work ie one for crew interaction & other for Bridge Invites. But 1 would be better
Any way new gameplay aspect to it. If don't want to fight with Tactical then trust your tacitical officer to fight for officer to phaser/Torpedo for you. Watch all unfold on the view screen.

2. View Screen Hails. Actually use the Viewscreen for hails actually see ships ahead.

3. Missing features added. Orbit, All Starships come with moderate Shuttle craft that can be used.. Already mentioned an fully operation bridge.

4. Just thinking Maybe As well as Bridge Officers, New sections like Medical Sick Bay Officers, Engineering Officers, for all parts of the ship other than the bridge.

5. If they did do a New MMO. Liked the Bridge aspect of Star trek Online. Most of missions involved going to planets & other places. Thinking maybe in future. That part of the experience should be on the ship. With some missions having special objectives on your ship. Making it a must to explore interior of you own ship.

Also would be good see Your crew have there own optional specialized missions for there rank. Like missons on a planet & Shuttlng away on there own to go to a planet.

6. ability switch characters! Like if you the captain take a shuttle craft on away mission. You should be switch to 1st Officer. Then warp your ship to a different part of the galaxy. Be able to beam down to that planet. With her Away team. While 2nd Officer is in the captain till either captain comes back to the ship or 1st Officer beams up. [Basically able to have individual stories in different places. Like Captain could be on secret uncover mission to say Romulus and the 1st Officer who say is Andorian has been down to her/his home planet. While the Star Ship orbits above.

{Clarify maybe able switch between 3 Special selected Officers. 1. Captain 2. 1st Officer 3. Whoever you wish to be 2nd officer in charge of ship while other 2 are away. Only when in different locations. Not prodcutive when same place. Unless they bring co-op play into it.}

7. Think that in a future STO Evolved MMO. Ability to not only design your captain. But create the Bridge Officers, Your Doctor, Etc.... From Scratch. Ie maybe you can design Captain & maybe 5-10 others rest will premade like how STO is now.

8. Bridge Officers special abilities on the ground away mission. Like Odo's shapeshifting, Spocks mind meld, Vulcan Neck pinch, Data's enhance abilities etc.. all the special abilities seen on Star Trek on TV.

9. STO Federation is missing a few Races: Holographic Person aka The Doctor from Voyager, Odo's race, The Green lady's orion race from Star Trek 2009 Movie. Orion federation version should be in as Female in movie joined Star Fleet.

There alot more like to see but these just the basic stuff I like see added. Even if it's just to current STO in near future.

Almost forgot if next MMO is also based on the new timeline. Please add Talos System. As it's not longer a death penalty to go there as Pike couldn't gone there in new timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
So you want the devs to double their work even though right now they appear to be hopelessly behind?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-08-2012, 06:29 AM
As a PS3 gamer myself, I reckon that STO would do extremely well as a console game. Don't get me wrong the PC version is more then enough but IF I had a choice, I would play STO on PS3. Graphics, Sound, Quality etc etc...

I HOPE ONE DAY STO WILL COME TO PS3.
(Anyone have any information of STO coming to PS3, please pm me).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
So you want the devs to double their work even though right now they appear to be hopelessly behind?
^^^ This...

Switching the base code alone between the three systems would be a pain in the butt, let alone just switching between mouse and keyboard to controller interface smoothly. That doesn't even attempt to cover the fact that a controller has it's limitations as far as interface goes...
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leestark
As a PS3 gamer myself, I reckon that STO would do extremely well as a console game. Don't get me wrong the PC version is more then enough but IF I had a choice, I would play STO on PS3. Graphics, Sound, Quality etc etc...

I HOPE ONE DAY STO WILL COME TO PS3.
(Anyone have any information of STO coming to PS3, please pm me).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Just get a better PC.

I run 12GB RAM and a 2GB video card with a 6-core AMD and I do just fine