I need to know if there is a way to have a friendly targeted, so I can heal/buff them, while I autofire on the target of the friendly I have targeted.
I have been playing this game since a few months after launch and just recently made my first Sci officer. The class is actually quite fun to play, alot lower in dps than my defiant decked out with anti-proton cannons, but still alot of fun.
The thing that bothers me to no end, on both the ground and ship combat is that I cant "focus" on my target's target with my weapons while I heal/buff the friendly I have targeted.
I find myself scrambling to heal a poor escort that got a bot carried away with firepower, and I have to micro-manage everything.
1. Watch the health bars of all my team.
2. Attempt to add to the Dps of my team by firing on targets.
3. Watch the health bars of all my team.
4. Attempt to debuff the targets.
5. Watch the health bars of all my team.
6. Heal and or buff my team members.
7. Repeat from step one
i want to be able to target a team member, while letting my auto-fire add to the dps, and heal and buff my team member while STILL firing at the target of the team mate I am healing.