Lt. Commander
# 11
05-24-2012, 02:28 PM
So how did you get 6 BOFFs anyways?

Interestingly though the Tac Team clearing the APB may not be a problem depending on timing. If you also hit them with the subnuc and the jam sensors, they'll have to choose whether to use Tactical or Science Team. I can't speak for other people but I'd probably by reflex hit my ST first.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
So how did you get 6 BOFFs anyways?
Whoops, formatting error from a previous template of mine. Fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
Also, I think you should Stay with the three piece MACO set for the graviton bonuses that the set gives and the extra ability which will stun your target. You are after all not trying to tank anything since you are not using Field Generators! So stick with the Damage setup!

Furthermore, Graviton Beam, Photonic Shockwave, Nadion Detonator and the Tri-cobalt device all stun your target. Which means, they are not using abilities nor are they effectively firing back at you; thus no need to tank during your “de-cloak” hit and run tactics.
I'm not sure about the Graviton Beam being a stun, I thought it only disabled Aux power and did a knock back. I stopped using it ages ago, that being said I was using it on a tanking cruiser not a Sci ship with lots of Gravitron.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-27-2012, 10:13 PM
This reminds me of the RSV torpedo boat idea I was intending to field someday, just swapping the 2nd photon for a nuke launcher, and taking MES.

I'm a tac, so I don't have Sensor scan, but hopefully using every single captain ability I have can make up for it. :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
This will improve your alpha Strike damage! !
no such way to do a Alpha Strike with a Sci/sci as ur missing the key skill.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
I'm not sure about the Graviton Beam being a stun, I thought it only disabled Aux power and did a knock back. .
correct. and its pretty useless in PVP..also alot of ppl love the MACO set which is OK for tank and really the only piece thats really worth getting is the Shield..then get the Omega Def for the Acc bonus and then a Borg Engine+ Console for the heals. the rest fall into abilities. Also Grav well is pretty useless in PvP as well.

Alot of people get PvE and PvP builds confused and what alot of people dont realise is that PvP builds are pretty much universal in effectiveness whereas PvE build are pretty much only effective in PvE..its always better to not only use a PvP build but also equipment bought from exchange where u have more control of the buffs (acc, Crth ect) and also teh BORG buff isnt really all the useful in STFs even so why use a weapon that u lose a buff to BORG when its only good for STFs?
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnaAngel
correct. and its pretty useless in PVP..also alot of ppl love the MACO set which is OK for tank and really the only piece thats really worth getting is the Shield..then get the Omega Def for the Acc bonus and then a Borg Engine+ Console for the heals. the rest fall into abilities. Also Grav well is pretty useless in PvP as well.

Alot of people get PvE and PvP builds confused and what alot of people dont realise is that PvP builds are pretty much universal in effectiveness whereas PvE build are pretty much only effective in PvE..its always better to not only use a PvP build but also equipment bought from exchange where u have more control of the buffs (acc, Crth ect) and also teh BORG buff isnt really all the useful in STFs even so why use a weapon that u lose a buff to BORG when its only good for STFs?
Depending on how defensive your PVP build is, sometimes it's useful to have a more "jack of all trades" build for PVE if your PVP build is highly geared towards healing. You can spare more powers for pew-pew and thus get PVE done faster. Extend is pretty useless when you're by yourself, and I've yet to come across an NPC tough enough to justify more than a lt cmdr engineer on my Nebula, so I put a tac in the universal for example.

Regarding the OP's build, it's very interesting. Reads almost like a Bird of Prey build until you get to the Fed specific things like Nadion Detonator (which I have and am rather fond of). I wanna give it a try at some point.

Two small criticisms though, with APB, if somebody pops tactical team, you may as well have not popped anything. Probably best to keep two tactical boffs stocked and have the original configuration and the new one so you can swap them as appropriate, APB is still one of the best powers to have in STF by far.

Also, I wouldn't rely too heavily on MES, as soon as folks realize you have it, they'll be keeping an eye out for it. And I'm not sure how well it works with speccing and aux, but I've just accidently found people using it whilst cruising in Ker'rat. Once I knew they were there and jacked my aux up, I could see them out to about 15-16km. However, this may, as I said, be down to low/aux not specced into stealth etc.