Lt. Commander
# 41
06-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong. I don't have a chef onboard. Fed Vice uAdmiral(50) and a Sovereign Assault Class starship. I've tried to buy more duty officers but I never get any chefs. I think I have 3 or 4 bartenders now though. I've looked on the exchange too and don't see any chefs.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-06-2012, 06:10 PM
chefs became a scarcer commodity after they started giving people access to additional foods in replicator.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm getting a little irritated at all the blue and purple science doff rewards from asylum and exchange assignments. It's gotten to the point that I expect to get a science doff from Bajor and Cardassia assignments if it's a blue or purple. I do get others time from time but they always end up being greens unless it's a blue medical doff... and the other asylum assignments seem to always deliver tac far more often.

I just doubt anyone can say, "enough is enough with the engineer and tactical doffs!"

I will also add that medical delivers the second most results which aren't too far off from science while engineering is on the endangered species list. Which is fine if that's how things are supposed to be but if it's glitched then please, let's get it fixed.

Just to share my recent bad luck: The past 7 asylum/exchange assignments I've done for Bajor and Cardassia, using blue to purple doffs for trade in, I've gotten 1 blue cardassian(it was a medical doff I think) 5 greens which conveniently were mostly made up of engineers, and a white. And a 2 million EC purple refugee was what nabbed me the white(warp theorist with those two magical eff and resolve traits, of fricking course) on the bajoran asylum assignment. The odds are, according to the data which I'm starting to think is backwards, is like 0-2% or whatever. Whites should be banished to no chance in hell of hitting when purples are being thrown at recruitment assignments, is all I'm saying because wow, it's a real turn off to logging in, period.

Anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
chefs became a scarcer commodity after they started giving people access to additional foods in replicator.
I finally found two chef doffs. Bought them from a cargo ship. I've looked before but never seemed to be able to find any.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-09-2012, 10:14 AM
I've noticed these patterns too. My one KDF officer kept getting Geologists (all honorable/resilient/resolve/and either stubborn/spiritual). I think the only thing I ever did with them was send them on extended wilderness survival training programs. -_-. A lot of chefs and bartenders too. At least the blue Dosi bartender I got for one of the Dosi Officer exchange assignments lets me make Tulaberry Wine. This officer has not even seen a Diagnostic Engineer above common quality yet.

One of my fed officers is swimming in Vulcan security and armory officers (half of them with resolve). One of my KDF officers keeps getting Nausican Development Lab Scientists and Orion Security Officers. One of my FED officers gets Explosives Experts all the time.

One of my FED officers is swimming in Research Lab Scientists. These, at least, I am finding useful now as you need a LOT of them to work your Exploration XP up. All of my other FED officers have a decided lack of these DOffs. Chefs, Advisers and Diplomats are next up on the list. Aggressive/Stubborn/FF chefs are anything BUT useful. This officer has also gotten L'ruk 3 times so far from the Instigate Defection assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-09-2012, 10:27 AM
about 40 percent of all doffs i get are reaschers! it must be a bug!
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-09-2012, 10:35 AM
I must be running a frakkin culinary school because I keep on getting chefs. Oh, those and mildy useless Photonic Scientists. Gah!
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0
I notice the same issue : nurses, biochemists, some doctors, and a ton of useless biologists or geologist. I never got any single security officer (one with thelepathic abilities would be great though), and only a few engineers.

It's not just you, it's the doff system.
Instigate defection(Fed) has given me 2 purple security officers with telepathic.