Lt. Commander
Garak and Bashir:

The 2 of them are having lunch after Garak was dying in the infirmary for 2 weeks.

Doctor: "Out of all the stories you have told me which ones were true and which was weren't?"

Garak: "My dear Doctor there ALL true!"

Doctor: "Even the lies?"

Garak: "ESPECIALLY the lies!!"

Best lines ever! Heres the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t02v9...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 12 Another great Garak dialoge
06-09-2012, 12:50 AM
"There's Hope for you yet Doctor"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfZQL...feature=relmfu
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Pros: Original setting. Good to great characters. Very different tone. Great world building. Morn. A few killer episodes. O'Brien.

Cons: The Space Jesus stuff was tedious. The villians were kind of dumb. The last episode was a dog. Vic Fontaine.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules.of.Acquisition
It is a bad copy of Babylon 5. But I love Quark...
DS9 premiered on 3 January 1993. Babylon 5 premiered on 26 January 1994. Any copying of B5's first season could not come before the 3rd season of DS9, and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
DS9 premiered on 3 January 1993. Babylon 5 premiered on 26 January 1994. Any copying of B5's first season could not come before the 3rd season of DS9, and so on.
Quote:
Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5

The pilot episode aired just weeks before the debut of Babylon 5. The creator of Babylon 5, J. Michael Straczynski, indicated that Paramount was aware of his concept as early as 1989,[3] when he attempted to sell the show to the studio, and provided them with the series bible, pilot script, artwork, lengthy character background histories, and "synopses to about 22 or so planned episodes taken from the overall course of the planned series"..[4][5] Paramount passed on Babylon 5, but later announced Deep Space Nine was in development two months after Warner Bros. announced its plans for Babylon 5.[6] Straczynski has stated that he thinks Paramount may have used his bible and scripts as the basis for DS9's first season.[7] In 1993 he said, "'Okay, YOU (Paramount) know what happened, and *I* know what happened, but let's try to be grownup about it for now,' though I must say that the shapechanging thing nearly tipped me back over the edge again. If there are no more major similarities that crop up in the next few weeks or months, with luck we can continue that way."[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Deep_Space_Nine
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-12-2012, 10:08 AM
My favourite of all Treks. The ongoing story arcs, Dukat, Garak, not a single character ended the series the same person as when they started, not even all the supporting characters. You're right that DS9 felt more like a place, rather than a character, like the Enterprises or Voyager, but I'm ok with that.

Sisko was a fighter, but he was a pretty poor diplomat. But that's ok, I find it hard to believe everyone in starfleet are top notch diplomats.

People say they didn't do any exploration in DS9, so it's utter rubbish. Well, to them I say the other shows explored space. DS9 explored characters.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure why nobody likes the first two seasons of DS9, I thought it had a great build up to the dominion stuff.

Then again, I like subtlety and dialogue driven stuff.

The mirror episodes annoyed me though, but I'm sure other people would disagree.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak
My favourite of all Treks. The ongoing story arcs, Dukat, Garak, not a single character ended the series the same person as when they started, not even all the supporting characters. You're right that DS9 felt more like a place, rather than a character, like the Enterprises or Voyager, but I'm ok with that.

Sisko was a fighter, but he was a pretty poor diplomat. But that's ok, I find it hard to believe everyone in starfleet are top notch diplomats.

People say they didn't do any exploration in DS9, so it's utter rubbish. Well, to them I say the other shows explored space. DS9 explored characters.
Well that's why people love it and hate it. ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-13-2012, 05:19 PM
DS9 started slow, but I think it was a deliberate pacing issue, as there were just so many characters to introduce the viewer to. The story arc approach is what made it "must watch" TV. Most of the characters were pretty good, and the show seldom fell back on cliched plot devices. In TNG you had characters, and it was like "OK where are they going with this. Troi, for example. Supposedly reads people's minds (telepathy) but, curiously, much like RL "psychics" can't give any useful info, like tomorrow's Megabucks numbers, or it would ruin the plot. Two Romulan Warbirds decloak, and start dumping everything they've got into the Enterprise, and all Troi says is "Captain, I'm sensing great hostility". Really didn't have that in DS9. Nurse Ratchet, she was pretty creepy. Never trusted her from the beginning. Second favorite for me, behind "Enterprise".
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak

Picard was predictable. Ever the paragon of StarFleet. Sisko was a cowboy, like Kirk.