Lt. Commander
# 501
06-10-2012, 01:20 AM
OK, yeah, you always get EDC and the current lockbox flavour, but everything else is random. One player might get some blue shield, another a salvage, another borg tech, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 502
06-10-2012, 02:19 AM
Played Cure Space normal.

4 people defending kang.

We don't lose optional due to time, we lose optional due to kang health issues.
Lt. Commander
# 503
06-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Wow
On NORMAL?!
Lt. Commander
# 504
06-10-2012, 09:44 AM
I had the same thing happen last week. Cure Space normal, three science defending Kang, including myself. I'm popping every heal ability I have the instant it recharges, the other two were more interested in fighting. We failed.
Lt. Commander
# 505 Normally Yes.
06-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
Wow
On NORMAL?!
If you read this string from the start you'll see that it's not at all unusual to lose the optional in a CSN. More often than not it's because of Oddys with Rainbow Beams flown by Instant Admirals combined with no communication.

As far as drops go, the ship that hovers 100k off in the distance screaming, 'Noobe Noobe Noobe' and never fires a shot is the one that gets all the good stuff.

If you can check their education level you will find they are from todays schools where reading writing and 'rithmatic are optional but computer gaming and cell phone texting are manditory.
Lt. Commander
# 506
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Could I post about the best STF experience? I have just leveled up my Lib Borg-ette tac captain to VA, and have just started the STFs with her. This was my first go at KASN with her (my main toon is a sci captain), so I am adjusting to STF play with a tac.

Entered the mission, immediate team chat (wow!!). Two guys went left, two to the right, which is kinda odd for Khitomer Accord in my experience. Asked where do you want me, and I got an answer. I pretty much went between the gates, assisting in spheres and probes so the two mini-teams could concentrate on the transformers and generators on each side. Left side popped both transformers at almost the exact same time and then we got the gate. Went over to assist right side with gate, it went down quickly. Optional successful! Then we dispatched Donatra insanely fast.

I think the entire run took maybe 10 minutes tops. My hat is off to this awesome PUG. To the other four guys who ran KASN with my toon Four of Four, I salute you, you guys ROCK.

And then I ran KAGN with the same toon, optional failed, ran in the IMR and got my accolade, but respawned at the very beginning of the map, and was unable to run back to the boss room in time to grab my loot for the run, as the team had eliminated the boss by the time I respawned. *sigh* Oh well...
Lt. Commander
# 507
06-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Worst? Is getting matched up with a bunch of geniuses who wouldn't listen and went off and died on their own in pre-nerf Cure.

Thankfully most of the pubs I've done have gone alright.
Lt. Commander
# 508
06-10-2012, 08:45 PM
About a month ago, one night decided to play a bunch of Cure Normal. EVERY SINGLE one we failed the optional, because NO ONE would help with the probes/cubes. I would ask for help, all heard was shut up noob shut up noob. FINALLY ONE FREAKIN crusier comes to help, but still not enough, and I kept dying because
Lt. Commander
# 509
06-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnogE00F
Worst? Is getting matched up with a bunch of geniuses who wouldn't listen and went off and died on their own in pre-nerf Cure.

Thankfully most of the pubs I've done have gone alright.
Cure seems to have a lot of that "special" guy who insists on flying off and tackling one of the nanite/cube sets by themselves.

And of course they ignore the raptors that spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 510 Teams are best
06-11-2012, 05:22 AM
The best thing to do is instead of Pugging is to form a team from your friends list or fleet mates as a lot of pugs do not like to use chat and most of them seem to think a STF is a normal mission which cannot be failed as someone said this to me today while i was in a STF. The guy was doing an elite for the first time as he admitted he was new to the game and he wanted help with doing Cure Space Elite and he asked me to help him with the Probes and he followed my instructions, Middle Probes, right probes, right Cube middle Cube then the left probes and cube, but the others on the team decided to all hang about near to the Kang and just sit there so I had to run back and forth killing BoPs and heal the kang(bare in mind i was in a Qin Raptor) while the other guys sat there and chatted s*** about me and the new guy and needed everything. However we managed to complete the optional with 2 seconds to spare and me and the new guy killed the carrier as he was working really well in the team and following instructions and healing me and debuffing the carrier as I dealt the damage