Lt. Commander
This is something I find quite annoying in STO.

Whenever we produce a weapon, it appears from "nowhere".

In Tabula Rasa, whenever you had a weapon equipped, but not actively using it, you could see it clamped to a holder somewhere on the character.

This mechanic does exist in STO, but only for the Ferengi whip so far.

The early version of the MACO battle rifle was clamped to the back of the player.
But I think that was removed at some point.

Please add a function to have the weapon currently active attached somewhere on the character.

Some visual samples to give you an idea of how it should work:

Sword and Rifle Positions
Pitbull on my left has a Sniper Rifle, this is where the "long barrelled" weapons should go.
I'm next to him with a Sword. This where the swords/batleths/lirpas should go.
I've never liked the idea of a hip mounted sword, it's too easy to trip over in battle!

I couldn't find a picture for a hip mounted pistol, but that's where the small hand weapons were stored, clamped to the right hip.

It would be nice if we could have these options in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2012, 06:55 PM
I think that holstered pistols would be very cool.

If I remember right Elite Force used to explain it away as some sort of transporter tech that let you carry two weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Last year the guys at STOKed were invited to visit the Cryptic studios. And I think they showed exactly what Crazy_Wolf said. One character with a pistol on his belt and with the animation of him actually pulling the pistol from his belt. Now if they will someday implement that, or will just be a forget project, I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Wolf
I think that holstered pistols would be very cool.

If I remember right Elite Force used to explain it away as some sort of transporter tech that let you carry two weapons.
IT's a "Weapons buffer". Basically put your weapons are stored in a small transporter buffer and "beam in" when needed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic
IT's a "Weapons buffer". Basically put your weapons are stored in a small transporter buffer and "beam in" when needed.
It's a transport buffer. The helmet goes in there too, as shown in the first game.