Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Eh... The Star Bases hold only a minor appeal in my case. I really do not care if I get one and it is totally upgraded and all that or if instead it just sits there unused and uncared for. I do not care for the "Fleet Ships" as I have the ships I want. All it will do besides that is be a huge EC, Dilithium, and Mat sink with a tiny bit of functionality. Feels a lot like the inside of my ship but more expensive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Firstly, I have to admit – I don’t dislike the upcoming emphasis being placed upon Starbases and fleets.
I do, however, have one or two concerns.

The first one pertains to what will become available via the Starbases. I may sound like a broken record, but I make no secret of the fact that I would LOVE a T5 Rhode Island/Nova class to be obtainable. However, I don’t like the idea that, IF said ship was produced, the only method of purchasing it would be via Fleet Starbase.

Second issue pertains to how seriously fleets seem to be taking themselves. Application forms, over-emphasis on chain of command/how ‘fleet ranks’ are superior to the in-game rank and how infrequent players are not wanted. I’ll gladly acknowledge that there are players who like that sort of thing. I don’t.

Third issue: Over-use of the word ‘casual’ in fleet promotion posts etc. I don’t think that the word applies if two or more of what I noted in the second issue applies. I don’t consider someone who calls himself ‘Fleet Admiral’ barking about chain of command and spouting rubbish like “Vice Admiral is not your fleet rank” to be ‘casual’.

I daresay I’ll join a fleet at some point, but I’d much rather find one that actually knows the meaning of the word ‘casual’.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
06-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Firstly, I have to admit – I don’t dislike the upcoming emphasis being placed upon Starbases and fleets.
I do, however, have one or two concerns.

The first one pertains to what will become available via the Starbases. I may sound like a broken record, but I make no secret of the fact that I would LOVE a T5 Rhode Island/Nova class to be obtainable. However, I don’t like the idea that, IF said ship was produced, the only method of purchasing it would be via Fleet Starbase.

Second issue pertains to how seriously fleets seem to be taking themselves. Application forms, over-emphasis on chain of command/how ‘fleet ranks’ are superior to the in-game rank and how infrequent players are not wanted. I’ll gladly acknowledge that there are players who like that sort of thing. I don’t.

Third issue: Over-use of the word ‘casual’ in fleet promotion posts etc. I don’t think that the word applies if two or more of what I noted in the second issue applies. I don’t consider someone who calls himself ‘Fleet Admiral’ barking about chain of command and spouting rubbish like “Vice Admiral is not your fleet rank” to be ‘casual’.

I daresay I’ll join a fleet at some point, but I’d much rather find one that actually knows the meaning of the word ‘casual’.
Any time you need to join a fleet (for the purpose of buying a ship etc) you are more than welcome to drop in join my alt fleet (scicom)
Where everyone currently in is me
Of course your Title there would be something like "Field researcher" or "project leader" (we are not that bothered with ranks as such its more a job title)
Drop in , buy the ship and drop out at your convienience
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Any time you need to join a fleet (for the purpose of buying a ship etc) you are more than welcome to drop in join my alt fleet (scicom)
Where everyone currently in is me
Of course your Title there would be something like "Field researcher" or "project leader" (we are not that bothered with ranks as such its more a job title)
Drop in , buy the ship and drop out at your convienience
Much appreciated!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
06-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
klingons only fight each other if there is a gain that can be made for example a house leader is conspiring with romulans, his house automatically becomes an enemy when evidence turns up and is wiped out. even the smallest klingon house is recognised and respected. klingons dont just fight each other just for the fun of it otherwise there would be no klingon empire.
I think its backwards mate, Klingons fight others so they don't fight each other and wipe themselves out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
06-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
I do not care for the "Fleet Ships" as I have the ships I want.
You shouldn't make such a statement without even seeing the specs of the said ships.
Quote:
All it will do besides that is be a huge EC, Dilithium, and Mat sink with a tiny bit of functionality. Feels a lot like the inside of my ship but more expensive.
i have the same feeling, but i hope the combat brought with it will convince me to play the game more regularely again.

Quote:
Any time you need to join a fleet (for the purpose of buying a ship etc) you are more than welcome to drop in join my alt fleet (scicom)
Where everyone currently in is me
even though your offer is generous, he would still need to farm the fleet credits he needs to buy such a ship. So everybody will need to invest (how much i don't know yet) into the fleet to earn those fleet credits.
So joining a fleet and stick with it, for sure will be the smart decission, even if you keep fleet credits when leaving a fleet.
Also i don't think fleets will be limited to 1 or 2 ships out of more...it's just a decission of priority what they built first. Thats atleast what i took from that bits of information presentet until now.

So my suggestion: Try to avoid small fleets with less than 3-4 players (even if they play alot with multiple toons). Join a fleet with atleast 15-20 active members, and stick with it, atleast until you got the ship/rewards you desired.
By active, i mean more than 2-3 hours a week.
If you have multiple toons in multiple fleets, like me, i suggest to concentrate on one (dilithium spending, etc.) and maybe invest only a little time and EC into the other fleetbases until your first toon has what he needs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
06-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
You shouldn't make such a statement without even seeing the specs of the said ships.

i have the same feeling, but i hope the combat brought with it will convince me to play the game more regularely again.
I can make such a statement because I built my Captains to fly their particular ships. I am rather certain these fleet ships will not be so impressive as to unseat the beasts I have created so far. Also, the classes they have been hinting at so far do not really interest me. Maybe an Akira but I already have a MVAE if I want an Escort.

As for the second part... I can already imagine the STORM of Lockboxes from such combat... *shivers in disgust* More killing of NPC's... Maybe it will be interesting but if it does not come with an awesome reward worth taking my valuable STF time away then I am going to be ill motivated to bother.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 PM.