Lt. Commander
# 21
06-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
Then I guess he should have returned my messages as I've tried contacting him a couple of times now....

Considering how many times people have come to the forums complaining about gm tickets being ignored or autoclosed, folks complaining about how reports here in the forums are being ignored (Nice sig by the way Kirkfat. You may want to check it's size. No disrespect intended but you;re one of the players I;ve reported and it seems to have gone nowhere. ) and all of the threads from folks wondering where their tickets are going, I really don't think that it's a comprehension problem on their part.

edit: I also don't respond to rudeness. A couple of his responses were out of line. Those reports were ignored. I would really like to talk to his boss actually but I know it won't go anywhere.

And before you pass me off as just a crank, please kindly go back through my posts here and see how many I;ve made trying to help folks. All all the time I've spent in ESD trying to help with questions. Or at the first night of mining. (God, that was a pain. Still can;t believe they didn;t do anything in the way of a tutorial.)

reedit: It also doesn;t help when they ignored the major problem of colored text fonts here in the forums. Every other forums I help out in has an option to change back to the default theme and/or remove color. Some of us don;t have 20/20 vision. That complaint fell on deaf ears. Someone on staff is a bigot as far as I;m concerned.
I understand that sometimes we need to vent, brother, but can we rage on customer service some other time? We are discussing the impact that contests may or may not have on the quality of the missions involved. I find that subject very interesting. Sorry about your customer service troubles. I hope you get them worked out.

@branflakes
six weeks? That's a good improvement! It will definitely take a lot of the stress off, and improve quality as well! This is good news indeed!
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-10-2012, 11:48 PM
@Branflakes
Your openness and willingness to think, learn, and adapt is well appreciated. Even if something doesn't come out right you make sure it won't come out wrong in the end. The Challenges keep getting better and will continue to do so.

Also, I like that name you picked. Challenge. It's a heck of a lot better than "contest" imo.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-11-2012, 02:37 AM
@Branflakes

Thanks for your thoughtful response and, once again, thanks for running the contests: I know it is not an insignificant amount of work. I've enjoyed playing and voting in them all.

It sounds like a move to 6 weeks would really relieve some pressure off of the authors. The only downside I can see is that it would amount to a large gap in-between contests.

One way that might be mitigated is to go ahead and announce the next foundry mission prompt at the same time that voting starts for the current one. You could still give the authors six weeks but it would reduce that we have to wait between contests.

Just a thought!
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-11-2012, 03:51 AM
I definitely agree that the next contest should be announced as soon as the voting stage starts for the previous contest. And I also think you might want to extend the voting period for an extra week.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I definitely agree that the next contest should be announced as soon as the voting stage starts for the previous contest. And I also think you might want to extend the voting period for an extra week.
Oops! That's what I forgot in my previous post, knew there was something I'll also be extending the voting period by a week.

The reason why I'd like to continue announcing the challenges after voting is so that if an author would actually like participate in all of them, they get a little reprieve before the next one. Building every four weeks (now six weeks) back to back might be a lot for some.

Cheers,

Brandon
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-11-2012, 07:59 AM
I have one more suggestion. IF your bosses allow it Brandon.

What if the winners also got an extra slot to make up for the contest used ones? I mean dstahl always did mention slots as rewards for authors in interviews in one idea form.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
I have one more suggestion. IF your bosses allow it Brandon.

What if the winners also got an extra slot to make up for the contest used ones? I mean dstahl always did mention slots as rewards for authors in interviews in one idea form.
I actually make the rules and decide on the prizes :p I think what I'd like to do is increase the prize by 500 STO Promo Points -- this should allow winners to buy a few slots using the Dilithium Exchange I'll make this retro to the past winners and get them each 500 extra points for some new slots.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Well, Brandon, I for one will never accuse you of being unresponsive and unfair that is for sure

Thank you for your interaction and responses to this post, and the Foundry in general.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
Well, Brandon, I for one will never accuse you of being unresponsive and unfair that is for sure

Thank you for your interaction and responses to this post, and the Foundry in general.
Aww, thanks Chooch It's really all my pleasure.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-11-2012, 08:31 AM
I will be re-posting a follow up to the official thread, but after this thread my SSR boss wants our contest back up and going!

Expect a follow up to it sometime today! The philosophy in general is, you don't have to make a uber masterpiece! It can be a Nagus daily type and be possible to win!

And you can always delete the mission after, and consider it "practice", right?