Lt. Commander
# 1 website duty assignments!
01-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Been a long time since i posted on here. Im so thankful for the game going free to play! im also impressed with the duty system but i feel its missing something! I wondered if its possible to make a duty system on the website where you can send your crew on missions while your out and claim back the rewards when yo login when you get home! is this possible? or even been disscused between the devs before??
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2012, 09:34 AM
+1

A web interface for the doff system would be awesome. I obviously can't log into STO from work, but I could get on the web and update my duty officers to be doing something as well as collect rewards. This is something that could easily be done from a smartphone or even have an app written to facilitate.

However, since you can't travel around to different sectors to get missions, most would probably have to be shipboard missions or generic non-sector-specific missions. I know I would be fine with no sector-specific missions or even to have a whole group of missions that are web-only to work on.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I would love this as well. Since coming back to STO recently I have found the duty officer addition to be a lot of fun and it would be great to be able to hop in during the day and see progress, rewards, and assign duty officers to new missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Im aware this is an old thread but is there an update on the web interface for DOFFs?
I really like the DOFF system which was pretty much the main/only reason for me to return to the game after a couple of month!

Is it considered possible or may be already work in progress?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2012, 12:47 PM
This is something that continues to be investigated. I can't say much more than that, unfortunately.