Lt. Commander
# 21
06-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Lock boxes are not entirely bad idea. It is the way they have been emplemented. Cryptic has made them drop everywhere instead of making them rare. In STFs they should only be given to one person with a need or greed effect. Also making them show up after so much time or damage done the the character or other device. They also have ruined them by putting consumable object in the lockbox. If I pay real money for an item, I should get a reusable item. It is crazy buying a key to get a consumable battle pet.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I would prefer if they gave the chance to get the ultra-rare ships included in more stuff like this rather than the lockboxes.
At least you get things you can really use like the Duty Officers and Lobi crystals (although, the stuff coming from the Lobi doesn't really interest me all that much, either) rather than the 90% useless junk that comes from the lockboxes.
At least for me, it makes it far more likey that I'll try for one.
That's just IMOHPO, of course.

I agree with that. Far better gains doing it like this compared to the crapbox system where you get worthless junk that wont even sell on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemotherapy
Fairly disappointed myself. 10 packs and no ship, or even a decent very rare doff. Also, managed to get 2 gold lockboxes out of mysterious boxes--never seen a gold box before this week. Opened them both and got trash.

This RNG is getting sickening.
This is what bothered me. If you're going to make us look for purple DOffs with Resolve and then put a pack up on the store to get them, that's fine, but getting just two blues (I bought one or two of these packs off the Exchange before giving up) and a bunch of cannon fodder is a bit of a joke.

As others have said, it's something of an improvement on lockboxes since DOffs are still quite useful on their own, but the quality grade could stand to go up a little.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless
but the quality grade could stand to go up a little.
This should be said in about every thread.