Lt. Commander
# 31 You don't really read do you
06-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Why should there be zero probability of it happening? You have the exact same chance of getting three EDC in a row as the next guy. How does your proposed changes make it any more fair? It is like changing poker so that if you win a hand, you are not allowed to win anymore until everyone has won.
I said when edc's are dropped the fact that 1 person got all three should have a zero probability of happening - by changing the system so it has a zero probability of happening!

Its just not a fair system! and your poker analogy is useless as 5 people don't go into a game to 'all' win the game together - 5 people in poker would be playing against each other - for there own good and benefit - not the overall benifit of all players. In a 5 man poker game if someone folds thats normal the game goes on - in STF elite it would make it much harder - at 3 people left at the table the game goes on - in a STF elite - the game is OVER and no-one gets the loot - for all your wisdom you don't promote much logic

I stand by my idea as I am sure many others would to - in a team play environment edc's dropping should have a different system than just random roll after the 1st 1
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-05-2012, 01:57 PM
It takes fffoooreeevvvveeerrrrr to get proto tech and everyone is usually going for it, so I don't like to brag to the users that just helped me get the proto tech, because they really really really want it too.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3
I said when edc's are dropped the fact that 1 person got all three should have a zero probability of happening - by changing the system so it has a zero probability of happening!

Its just not a fair system! and your poker analogy is useless as 5 people don't go into a game to 'all' win the game together - 5 people in poker would be playing against each other - for there own good and benefit - not the overall benifit of all players. In a 5 man poker game if someone folds thats normal the game goes on - in STF elite it would make it much harder - at 3 people left at the table the game goes on - in a STF elite - the game is OVER and no-one gets the loot - for all your wisdom you don't promote much logic

I stand by my idea as I am sure many others would to - in a team play environment edc's dropping should have a different system than just random roll after the 1st 1
Please explain to me how it is not a fair system. Every time you roll, you have the exact same chance as every other player of getting the loot (assuming that they are not rolling need while you are rolling greed).

In the long term, the law of large numbers guarantees that you will receive exactly as much loot as every other player.

It only seems unfair because the human mind is really not wired correctly to understand probability and statistics and most people do not bother to educate themselves on the subject.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Ok it's all in my imagination I have personally run over 1500 STF elite across 6 toons - perhaps that is a "relative handful" I don't have sts on how may other do - I do on avg 10 per day every day - so I notice a change. Perhaps it is all bad luck and my perspective is being altered not from the 1500 prior runs or the 10 runs per day but that "I have noticed a change in the last 50 runs - or 5 or so days.
You are correct, it is quite likely just your imagination.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Please explain to me how it is not a fair system. Every time you roll, you have the exact same chance as every other player of getting the loot (assuming that they are not rolling need while you are rolling greed).

In the long term, the law of large numbers guarantees that you will receive exactly as much loot as every other player.

It only seems unfair because the human mind is really not wired correctly to understand probability and statistics and most people do not bother to educate themselves on the subject.
Its getting old

look through out all the math you want - it is pointless since I am talking about making a system that is more fair relative to the amount played

sure if you have 2 players play the same stf 2000 times each they might come out with the same amount of loot - but that just does not happen - most people do not - so the laws of probabilities will greatly favor the person who plays many many times - which is fine for the final loot drop

the last topic we were discussing was the edc in game drop - I "personally" think the system is unfair and that athough the "probability" is very low!! one person should not get 3 edc's dropped - this CAN be changed

Personally for the bulk of humanity - no amount of education on the laws of probability will change people's inherent desire/feelings of greed/loss/envy/anger/jealosy - and on and on that would be felt by knowing that x anount of times wll equal x amout of chance

on the flip side it has been a somewhat interesting back and forth
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-07-2012, 07:59 AM
One of the things that really bothers me is that you can often finish an Elite STF to get a Mystery Box (for around ~19,000 EC or a shot at a lottery if that's your thing), two EDC (which I only really use for Borg DOffs any more; they're admittedly nice) and something completely useless because for some reason the devs thought all non-set items should be incontrovertibly inferior. If the STFs themselves were more fun I wouldn't mind at all, but if I'm going to do these things for the rewards, they should at least be proportionate.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
I have noticed in the last few days that STF elite loot is all crap - no proto - no rare even!

Ok maybe it's just bad luck - but notice at the end of an STF no-one is talking about what they got anymore?? Well I can't as team chat works until loot is dropped then if you try to chat you get a system error

Maybe i am just being paronoid but something is up!

Ph I am sure they are dropping a few things here and there just so some people can refut this and say hey I got something - but take a hard look around and ask others what they got.
i did 3 elite runs, i saw 3 purple techs drop (2 for me and a random drop) so ya likely just having bad luck
Lt. Commander
# 38 drop system
06-11-2012, 05:54 PM
the stfs i have played recently seems to place the optional mission rewards like the borg salve and others on a team loot system where you roll for it on need or greed it is hard enough gettint the drops to begin with without splitting it i per fered when every player got the same reward it promoted team play now you will get the ones who go in mess up the board just to get the standard edc drop