Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship naming
06-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi, this might be a stupid question, but, when you first create your character and name your ship, does that ship name follow the character, or do you get to and/or have to name each ship you get as you level up?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Each new ship you get you have a chance to name (and can always rename later). You cannot have two ships of the same name, so if you want to take it along you should either rename the old ship first or come up with some sequential scheme for your names.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Yeah I just come up with a new name or discharge the old ship....
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Cool, thank you, that's just what I wanted to know.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2012, 08:34 AM
What I did was just update the class name First the prototype then A,B C and D
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom
I do roman numerals but same idea.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom
For the love of all that is good in the world, don't do this. If you want to carry over a name when you move up ship tiers, either discharge the old ship, or rename the old ship. Then put the registry suffix where it belongs, after the registry. They even provide a box for you to do this. Nothing grinds my gears more than seeing a ship named USS Lollipop-A, or 2, or IV. Although it's not as bad as seeing the USS Enterpryse, or Interprise, or Enterprize.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
For the love of all that is good in the world, don't do this. If you want to carry over a name when you move up ship tiers, either discharge the old ship, or rename the old ship. Then put the registry suffix where it belongs, after the registry. They even provide a box for you to do this. Nothing grinds my gears more than seeing a ship named USS Lollipop-A, or 2, or IV. Although it's not as bad as seeing the USS Enterpryse, or Interprise, or Enterprize.
Sometimes I see these and hope if I think really hard that CAPTAINKIRKLOL of the U.S.S. ENTERPRIZE-D head will explode.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
The reason I do this is because I used to own a RPG which this ship went from a Galaxy class (A) then to a Defiant Class (B) and then the Prometheus Class (C) Now since I own a Oddy on the game it is the (D) class the name of the ship has a personal meaning to me but I understand it's not to everyone's cup of tea but there is no need to criticise it. And if people want to try and use the name of there believe ship from the show then let them it isn't hurting you any.