Lt. Commander
# 21
04-20-2012, 03:52 AM
can you actually swap them about within your own "family" ?
For example can my Klingon captain throw all the Gorn on his ship to my Gorn Commander?
if so How?
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-20-2012, 08:04 AM
I would like to do an Orion themed ship, but it's pretty hard to get into that spirit when the second I visit my interior it's full of targs and Klingons and everything is red and sharp. I fly a Marauder class, and if there was even *one* Orion interior I would pay pretty much anything for it, but all c-store suggestions are ignored, so why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
For example can my Klingon captain throw all the Gorn on his ship to my Gorn Commander?
if so How?
You can mail doffs to others just like other inventory. Just drag them to attachment slots. Bound doffs won't move, just like bound items, otherwise you should be clear.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
if so How?
Yes, You can mail unbound doffs to your alts.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-11-2012, 10:20 AM
I usually set up most of my Chars after a theme. All Doffs are either purple of blue. The

1. Federation Tac & Fed Engineer:
- select Doff and Boff Crew (Human, Vulcan, Trill, Betazoid, Bajoran, Andorian, Bolian, Caitian, Benzar only)
- only Starfleet Ships /w Phasers, Quantums, Photons,
- only Starfleet Ground Weapons,

2. Fed Vulcan Sci:
- all Vulcan Boff & Doff Crew
- saving for a D´Kyr Sci Vessel

3. Fed Cardassian Tac:
- Cardassian "Alien"
- all Cardassian Boffs and Doffs, except for one Human Boff and a few Human Advisor Doffs overseeing the Cardassian rearming.
- Galor-Class Ship "Prakesh"

4. KDF-Klingon Tac.
- Vor´Cha, all Disruptor Space & Ground weapons
- all Klingon Boffs and Doffs

5. KDF-Joined Trill Tac.
- My current project. Trying to build a "pirate/marauder" crew with non-KDF Boffs and Doffs, which will probably end up with the Vandal destroyer.

I´d love to do an all-Caitian carrier or a Dominion/Vorta Jem´Hadar Attack ship but those are currently on hold, since we are only able to have a single caitian/jem´hadar boff.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000
I usually set up most of my Chars after a theme. All Doffs are either purple of blue. The

1. Federation Tac & Fed Engineer:
- select Doff and Boff Crew (Human, Vulcan, Trill, Betazoid, Bajoran, Andorian, Bolian, Caitian, Benzar only)
- only Starfleet Ships /w Phasers, Quantums, Photons,
- only Starfleet Ground Weapons,

2. Fed Vulcan Sci:
- all Vulcan Boff & Doff Crew
- saving for a D´Kyr Sci Vessel

3. Fed Cardassian Tac:
- Cardassian "Alien"
- all Cardassian Boffs and Doffs, except for one Human Boff and a few Human Advisor Doffs overseeing the Cardassian rearming.
- Galor-Class Ship "Prakesh"

4. KDF-Klingon Tac.
- Vor´Cha, all Disruptor Space & Ground weapons
- all Klingon Boffs and Doffs

5. KDF-Joined Trill Tac.
- My current project. Trying to build a "pirate/marauder" crew with non-KDF Boffs and Doffs, which will probably end up with the Vandal destroyer.

I´d love to do an all-Caitian carrier or a Dominion/Vorta Jem´Hadar Attack ship but those are currently on hold, since we are only able to have a single caitian/jem´hadar boff.
That's only half true... you can get a full Caitian crew - some of my younger sister's friends have an all-Caitian setup like that.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn
That's only half true... you can get a full Caitian crew - some of my younger sister's friends have an all-Caitian setup like that.
I'm actually going for that myself, for Boffs this is easy if expensive (400 Cpoints per officer), the Doffs are harder.

At least according to the STOWiki there are jobs that just don't have Caitian filling those roles. Over time I'm sure there will be, but not now.

As for getting a single species Doff crew, the Asylum missions work easiest. That or the exchange if you have the massively space EC to spend.

On a side note my Ferran KDF is going for all Orion female Boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-11-2012, 10:47 PM
The general preference expressed throughout this thread - setups consisting of a single race - seems very strange to me. I prefer to go for the extreme opposite approach: I try to maximize diversity.

My doff roster atm includes:
19 Andorians
4 Bajoran
8 Benzite
3 Betazoid
8 Bolian
3 Breen
9 Caitian
6 Cardassian
4 Deferi
7 Deltan
5 El-Aurian
1 Exocomp
11 Ferengi
5 Gorn
4 Hirogen
28 Humans
8 Jem'hadar
1 Kareema
8 Klingon
2 Lethean
8 Liberated Borg
7 Nausicaan
9 Orion
26 Photonic
3 Reman iii
5 Rigelian
5 Romulan
10 Saurian
18 Tellarites
4 Trill
8 Vorta
30 Vulcans
1 Wadi
3 Xindi

There are some races I haven't yet represented:
Aenar, Parada, Tosk

And there are some races which, to my knowledge, are not available to Fed:
Dosi, Ferasan, Hunters, Suliban

In compiling this, I noticed something interesting: there are no Pakled doffs. At all. Even more interestingly, there are photonic doffs in the visage of Pakleds (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern), but there are no Pakled doffs. It seems a strange oversight.

I have a cook and bartender of almost every race. I collect unique/custom doffs, even if they're useless. I am very OCD. I take a kind of Harvest Moon / SimCity approach to doffing.

I like to think of my ship as "a home for the indigent, the unwanted, and the unworthy", a shore for the alien washouts of the galaxy. Basically, what Voyager should have been, if the writers had been competent. I really hope that doffs someday become interactable. The mess hall would be an interesting sight.