Lt. Commander
# 1 Great STF Story
06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
So 4 other guys and I (I think they were all guys anyway) just went toe to toe with Rebecca Simmons for about an hour. I think everyone in the game was about mid to mid-upper level skill, but for one reason or another we just kept coming up short against her. EVERYONE STUCK WITH IT THOUGH!!! Seriously, that was the team I have been most proud to fight with so far. It would have been totally understandable if anyone had left but no one did. The funny part is that Simmons got stuck our last round with her and, though you might think this worked in our advantage, it did not. We all had to get strategically placed to get the right angle on her and fight off waves of drones beaming in at the same time. I wish I could bronze my EDC. Happy hunting y'all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-12-2012, 06:10 AM
And Rebecca Simmons would be...?

edit: No offense. A quick google shows about a half dozen folks with that name.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
And Rebecca Simmons would be...?

edit: No offense. A quick google shows about a half dozen folks with that name.
Try googling Manus of Borg instead.

She's the final Boss in the STF (Special Task Force) Ground Mission 'Infected', hence the thread title.
And Kudos to the group for sticking around for that long.

The closest I've been in was an Elite run with a few newbies where things weren't going too well. We reached the last room OK, but took two full teamwipes before even getting as far as Rebecca. Someone bailed. The remaining four of us talked it over and valiantly decided to give it another try... I ran interference in the middle and the other three jumped, we managed to spawn Rebecca and get her down to about 40% HP before too many of the other Borg drones started respawning and messed up our mojo. But getting so close had bolstered our ebbing confidence, so we tried again and finally got her - this time with all four of us left standing at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-12-2012, 07:30 AM
zeronius simmons is a tough gal :p