Lt. Commander
# 11
06-08-2012, 07:40 AM
This is a nice tribute. However, I'm not at all clear what the criteria are for grouping people into purple, blue and green. After just a quick glance, I would say that Kirkfat, Alimac30 and Havraha certainly all deserve to be purple. There is just no doubt. There may be others as well....
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-08-2012, 10:08 PM
"Can you give a little bit more info on what your criteria is for the sorting of authors between the different sections?" - RogueEnterprise

"I'm not at all clear what the criteria are for grouping people into purple, blue and green." - greedo42

I had already hoped that there would be interest in the initial factors considered for grouping authors into green, blue and purple sections and I would enjoy any suggestions offered. Thoughtful collaboration is always rewarding.

Initial Criteria
My first impression when reviewing the SBUGC List of Great Missions (The List) was how cool it was for an author to be listed there even just once, let alone multiple times. Therefore, my primary criteria was simply the listed quantity of missions, (and series), per author.
[1 mission = green, 2-4 missions = blue, 5+ missions = purple]

Other general factors considered for the order of authors listed within each group included whether or not the individual is a Spotlight Mission Author or had composed a Klingon mission.

Keep in mind that although the Foundry Author Wall of Commendation (The Wall) was posted here on June 7, it is presently dated 5/31/2012 and reflects The List as it appeared on that day. Based on the initial factors considered as outlined above, there are five (5) significant changes, three (3) minor changes, and several typos to correct in addition to changes necessary from updates made to The List since last month.

Questions Regarding Initial Criteria
Should quantity-bars be lowered or increased? How should a “(series)” on The List be counted? Does a series count the same as a standalone mission? Does a 4-part series count the same as 4 standalone missions? Should Klingon missions be considered more difficult to script than Federation missions?

Further Research
I am enjoying my exploration through these fantastic missions and I have decided to expand this exploration to include the corresponding material basis used, (podcast, contest, nomination/votes), which resulted in the award-tag of “Great” being given to that particular mission and it being honored for inclusion on The List. This analysis may yield additional details which could be useful for both The List and The Wall.

What other factors might be considered? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow, you're a professional!

As far are series go, yes it is a group of missions, but they are all following the same story. IMO if they are not stand alone they should count as two missions total for each series on your list. It takes more work than one mission alone, but, the lines get fuzzy and some people (like myself) will not play a series until it is finished. I vote count a series as two mission total.

I think Klingon missions should count just like the Fed ones. They are rarer to be sure, but are no different to write for. In fact, at times they are more entertaining to write for when an author has been going around spouting prime directive and has to adjust the idea to honor and glory. They are rarer yes, but I think alone that isn't worth extra separation.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Cool idea, you should add a common category to.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-11-2012, 01:53 PM
And a category for authors we have a chance of winning out of a lockbox! :p

Seriously though thanks for putting this together, I think we all really appreciate the thought you put into it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-12-2012, 09:06 AM
I am honored to be on this wall with so many other great writers and developers! I'm hoping my new summer trilogy will bump me up to a rare haha nah but for real congratulations all you guys, I play all your missions more than anything in this game! Keep it coming!
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Awwww, what about me?

Just kidding, my first mission is only getting finished up.

Edit: Try it out, it's called Exploratory Crisis and needs a 46+ fed character and has adequate team compatibility
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Wall revised due to miscalculations mostly related to series-missions. This has resulted in 4 purples going to blue, 2 blues going to purple, 2 blues going to green, 1 green going to blue and several place-shiftings within each section. Thanks for your patience.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-12-2012, 01:27 PM
*** Wall Update ***

Congratulations To

Bazag*: New Spotlight Mission Author

Kirkfat: Purple Ascension

Leviathan99: Blue Ascension

Gingie: List Ascension
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenburch
Wall revised due to miscalculations mostly related to series-missions. This has resulted in 4 purples going to blue, 2 blues going to purple, 2 blues going to green, 1 green going to blue and several place-shiftings within each section. Thanks for your patience.
How are you determining what a series is? I think it's worth pointing out there's a difference between a "to be continued" and a series that takes place in the same universe using similar characters, but with different missions. For example, with my own missions, the only ones that absolutely have to be played together are Atlas Affair part 1 and part 2, although arguably Dereliction Duty is part of that story arch (I tried to make it so playing it first wasn't absolutely required, although it is suggested). However, Perilous Prize is a standalone mission, even though it's in the same series.

Anyway, I just thought it might be worth mentioning that, in case you hadn't considered it. In any case, thanks for your effort.