Lt. Commander
# 41
06-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalthren View Post
Methinks FAW+Cannon Scatter Volley+Spread+Gravity well is gonna be the big skills for this So many targets and torps to intercept.... This will be fun indeed

So pretty much like Gate CC in STFs. In my case it's with fighters on KDF side and MV sections of SF side
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movodor View Post
To those being pedantic about the name, it's a clear reference to the Kobayashi Maru scenario. Let it go.

We're playing a Star Trek game, we get the reference. The Kobayashi Maru actually WAS a no-win scenario, this is just ten waves of enemies which it's really unlikely you'll defeat. Hardly worthy of the allusion they're making
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Soooo... destroying the Transport in order to damage enemies, then destroying said enemies and hauling butt back to Fed SPace isn't an option?

Captain Calhoun would be so disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 44 Borg Shop
06-11-2012, 03:47 AM
Is there ANY way that you can make a SLIGHT change to the update? All that I ask that you do is give us users the ability to trade in 80 or 100 Standard Borg Data Chips to get the MK XII Omega and MACO Space and Ground Sets. Especially since you have it set to trade in 40 per 1 MK XI item. Why cant you just simply add that to the options?
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I wasnt aware this was a holodeck program, but that being the case why not finally use the currently useless holodecks at SFA for this?
I must concurr with the nagus on this. If it is being pitched as a Holodeck program, then we should be able to form a group, travel SFA and enter the Holodeck. When we get there we should get a "Run Simulation" option, and get a list of unusual scenarios, including "No-win Scenario".

Those holodecks at SFA are just eye candy right now. They serve no purpose, and they should.

Heck... Why not add a Holodeck chamber on the crew deck of our ships? Take the foundry mission tab out of our interface and let us go to the Holodeck to experience them. Put access to No-Win Scenario in there as well.

We son't even need an actual ROOM on the ship. Just a control panel outside a recognizable Holodeck door. Select your scenario, and when you confirm, you hear the computer voice say "Program complete... Enter when ready." You then ckick on the door, hear the familiar heavy mechanized door sound from the shows, and you are in the selected scenario...

We need more in-world stuff that makes the game feel alive. Too many things are just accessible via a drop-down button from the interface. I like being able to hail a mission giver and turn in a mission that way, but some things should actually have us GO somewhere to do it. To make it convenient add a bunch of somewheres that allow access to it.

But it is my observation that there is not enough meaningfully interactable elements within the gameworld.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Lat time i tested my FAW wasnt working and the dmg from the bio warheads is just ridiculous,i was using an Oddy with maco mk12 set and i was dying faster than when i solo tank any boss or tac cube on elite.
Fix the faw and tunne the dmg.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charax1985

We're playing a Star Trek game, we get the reference. The Kobayashi Maru actually WAS a no-win scenario, this is just ten waves of enemies which it's really unlikely you'll defeat. Hardly worthy of the allusion they're making
10 waves to start with who knows if players start beating it which is unlikely they may more waves with higher tier ships. I somehow doubt that the carrier or any ship will eventually stand up to countless enemies for long
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
I must concurr with the nagus on this. If it is being pitched as a Holodeck program, then we should be able to form a group, travel SFA and enter the Holodeck. When we get there we should get a "Run Simulation" option, and get a list of unusual scenarios, including "No-win Scenario".

Those holodecks at SFA are just eye candy right now. They serve no purpose, and they should.

Heck... Why not add a Holodeck chamber on the crew deck of our ships? Take the foundry mission tab out of our interface and let us go to the Holodeck to experience them. Put access to No-Win Scenario in there as well.

We son't even need an actual ROOM on the ship. Just a control panel outside a recognizable Holodeck door. Select your scenario, and when you confirm, you hear the computer voice say "Program complete... Enter when ready." You then ckick on the door, hear the familiar heavy mechanized door sound from the shows, and you are in the selected scenario...

We need more in-world stuff that makes the game feel alive. Too many things are just accessible via a drop-down button from the interface. I like being able to hail a mission giver and turn in a mission that way, but some things should actually have us GO somewhere to do it. To make it convenient add a bunch of somewheres that allow access to it.

But it is my observation that there is not enough meaningfully interactable elements within the gameworld.
I agree the holodecks are a waste at the moment at STFAand have only seen the holodeck ever used on Bajor during the 2800 FEE. (Not sure if you can do the holodeck missions when not doing the mission) But using the Kobayoshi Maru and also the missions for that FEE will give us something to do rather than twiddling our thumbs waiting for the next season to come out.

Only downside to this wouldnt the drops be holographic and unusable in the real world.