Lt. Commander
# 1 Marauding?
06-12-2012, 11:12 PM
So I decided to get a start on my Klingon character, and one of the main things I was interested in was having a Ferengi boff on my crew, which requires Marauding rank 4. All well and good, except, I'm finding there to be a real lack of Marauding missions. At most, I've found one each time I log in, two if I'm extremely lucky when moving to a new sector; is that normal, or have I just been unlucky so far? Not to mention that half the time the mission is red because I've not yet run across any colonists to sell into slavery.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-12-2012, 11:43 PM
i noticed less maruding missions when i hit rank 4 too tho its prolly just luck
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I Maraud like a mad man...here are some tips.
  • Always check your First Officer.
  • Looks for 6h assignments that mention an action, a race and a place (ex Cripple Vulcan Science Station) those give you a decent amount of loot, even better on crit.
  • Best sectors to check AC, EE, PC, PV, and all Cardassian sectors.
  • Once a day you can hand over 3 prisoners and/or colonists (peaceful helps) near FC. "Sell Prisoners to Orion Slavers" That gives 1k lat and 1.1k-ish marauding cxp.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2012, 04:23 AM
I'm never short on Marauding assignments. My first KDF officer has been at 150,000 CXP in Marauding for a while and I still do probably a dozen or more Marauder assignments a day on that toon and I don't do over half of the ones available (only do the ones where getting contraband is possible). My second KDF officer is already at 75k/100k in Marauding and only been level 50 for a few weeks and I've been concentrating on high CXP assignments in all categories more than focusing in one particular area. My newest KDF officer that just hit 50 two days ago is at 15k in Marauding already, and I concentrated on doing high skill point military assignments more than anything while leveling (military CXP is over 33k).

Because I'm always doing so many marauding assignments, my brigs are always overflowing with prisoners on the KDF side.

If you can't find marauder assignments, you can't be looking at your first officer under your department heads. While a lot of sectors don't have Marauder assignments under Current Sector, I don't think I've ever checked under my first officer and _not_ found at least a few assignments in every sector.

All enemy faction controlled sectors are overflowing with Marauder assignments (Federation, Cardassian and Romulan sectors). If you want to make the most of it you will need a lot of high quality Projectile Weapons Officers/Energy Weapons Officers, generic Security/Tactical officers, Tractor Beam Officers and Transporter Officers.

Do the Afehir Nebula, Khazan Cluster, Rolor Nebula, Betreka Nebula, T'Ong Nebula, and D'Kel Cluster colonization chains and do the repeats for the very rare quality Duty Officers after completing each exploration cluster chain. The repeats are repeatable too, so you can have as many of each of the very rare quality officers as your roster can hold.

These chains will give you (blue for chain completion, purple for a crit on the repeat):
Projectile Weapons Officer (Khazan Cluster)
Energy Weapons Officer (Afehir Nebula)
Shield Distribution Officer (Rolor Nebula)
Assault Squad Officer (Betreka Nebula)
Armory Officer (D'Kel Cluster)
Security Officer (T'Ong Nebula)