Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-13-2012, 06:05 AM
torpedoes are my meat and potatoes
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Personally prefer not to use them and have no problems killing stuff. Perhaps if I used a BoP I would use them again for the nice Alpha spike, but heyho
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-13-2012, 06:20 AM
They can be an important part of an alpha. If you have a bit of timing and hold them in reserve for a hull strike they are wonderful.

Spamming transphasics aoe about the field isn't bad in the face of spam but I find I need 2 consoles and the Breen bonus to make it useful. That's just a personal choice to hop on the short bus and take a ride for old times sake. They do better damage then other torps when the targets still have shields and well when you AOE its sort of a given that your targets have shields.

Plus torpedoes are just to much good fun to let go of. Um...not in that way. Not the way it sounded. Okay move along now.....
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-13-2012, 06:20 AM
I've got builds with torps, and also torpless builds. All in all, it's apples and oranges, both confer different benefits. CSV+spread is still an excellent counter to spam, so I keep it in stock. I find the mechanic of even a sliver of shields providing resistance to kinetic annoying to be honest, but it's something that can be gotten around with good timing and/or point blank attacks.

They are also rather spammable with the right doffs, although to be honest, photon and quantum are good for pure kinetic damage, chronnies make up for their lower damage with an uncounterable proc that's rather frequent, and tricobalt while temperamental and something of a niche thing, can still be tremendously devastating when you get it right/luck out. I think most people who've sailed the seas of Ker'rat have had Mini drop one on their head at some point.