Lt. Commander
# 1 @CaptGeko Science Galaxy ?
06-13-2012, 05:20 AM
So I was thinking with the Odyssey being you can get it 3 different ways, Eng, Sci, Tac version, could we do the same for the legendary Galaxy Class, some of us like to drive the old girl around.

We already have 2, the Eng cruiser version with 4 Eng, 3 Sci, 2 Tac, with Saucer Sep. We have the Tac version, the Dreadnought with 4 Eng, 2 Sci, 3 Tac, with a Spinal Phaser Cannon, third warp nacelle and Cloak. So how about a Sci version with 3 Eng, 4 Sci, 2 Tac, and add a Nebula Sci Pod to the hull where the Dreadnoughts third warp nacelle is, give it Sensor Analysis and System Targeting, give the ship a special power console like the Nebula has, now we can have a Sci ship that has more Hull and Shields then the Intrepid or Nebula Refit.

I would pay 2K c-points for that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Pending some balance (your post looks a bit too much atm) I'd personally love a science oriented T5 Galaxy class and I would open my wallet for the first time since the RI was announced to get it, either as a c-store purchase or to get enough DL so my Starbase can make it.

That said, the Galaxy really should have been more science oriented from the start.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
If this does happen, I'd like a proper Tactical Galaxy, I can't stand the Dreadnought personally, and it isn't as if the basic model wasn't a capable combat cruiser when circumstances demanded; the best parts of the various Dominion War battle scenes was watching the Galaxies drift serenely across the screen effortlessly pwning face
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosolidshoe View Post
If this does happen, I'd like a proper Tactical Galaxy, I can't stand the Dreadnought personally, and it isn't as if the basic model wasn't a capable combat cruiser when circumstances demanded; the best parts of the various Dominion War battle scenes was watching the Galaxies drift serenely across the screen effortlessly pwning face
Agreed. That would be awesome. I like the Gal-X. It was supercool in All Good Things.
But in STO, I'd rather captain the plain ol' Galaxy. She's my first love

I'm still holding out hope that they make that dang 3rd eng ens slot a uni on the Gal-R.
For 1600 C-points, it's really not too much to ask. While it won't have the tac console slots of a real tac variant, one could make the uni slot a tac, and use it as an assault cruiser.

Hmm... here's an idea, Have that eng ens slot be uni.
THEN add a uni console slot! (not for uni consoles specifically. A console slot that you could put any type in)
It would be the only ship to have one so far, and would be true to form, on how the Galaxy has been proven to be able to fill a variety of roles. (diplomatic, repair, science/exploration, warship, etc...)

"That makes me happy in pants!"
-Long Duk Dong-