Lt. Commander
# 221
06-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Well, as long as ground STF's remain in their current condition, the idea from the initial post is inevitable at least for the ground equipment in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 222
06-11-2012, 01:45 PM
What did every one think of the ask cryptic answer of the possible up coming review of STF economy?
Lt. Commander
# 223
06-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
And your point is if other games have something people dont like that STO should too?
my point is that it is the same in most games.

sorry, thought that was obvious.
Lt. Commander
# 224
06-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
my point is that it is the same in most games.
So you are just stating the obvious, or are you implying that it should be the same way in STO that it is in other games?
Lt. Commander
# 225
06-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
This is exactly what I said would be happening in the interview. When new cosmetic variants of the three sets are made available to me I will put the current ones in the store. The new ones would then be the only ones that you can only get from drops.

There will always be at least one set that is only available on Elite and only available as a drop. This will not change. As a player you will have a choice, play now and hope that you get your drops for the current high end set.

Or, Save up EDC's and wait for that set to show up on the STF store.

Hey Gozer wanna grind 300 stfs with me to get this set....oh wait you dont play the game......i forgot.
300 is just an estimate of course i have done over 200 and have only been "lucky" enough to get 2 set pieces, wonderful loot system.
Lt. Commander
# 226
06-13-2012, 08:40 PM
I would LOVE to see a youtube series based on these dev's teaming up and actually playing the game they are designing. A nice series of reaction blogs based on how furious they are that they managed to do hundreds of STF's with RNG making them angry. Maybe then their thought process might change?

Problem with STO is none of the devs apparently play their own game, so they don't understand how changing one decimal place means so much to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 227
06-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
So you are just stating the obvious, or are you implying that it should be the same way in STO that it is in other games?
goodluck in getting it better than the others. so far they dont give a crap about the drops.

keep complaining, see where it gets you this time lol
Lt. Commander
# 228
06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
goodluck in getting it better than the others. so far they dont give a crap about the drops.

keep complaining, see where it gets you this time lol
In the new Priority One interview, Dstahl said they are completely changing how this works in S7. So, I guess they listened to people's feedback after all
Lt. Commander
# 229
06-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Is there some sort of "MVP" based on damage that gets a higher chance of very rare proto tech rewards? I ask b/c my far newer TAC character has the MKII set for Omega Space & 2 Parts of the KDF Honor Guard space set. While my older (admittedly I don't do STFs regularly anymore) Sci Toon only has the MKII KHG shields. For my Tac I may have even gotten an additional very rare proto drop.
Lt. Commander
# 230
06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
In the new Priority One interview, Dstahl said they are completely changing how this works in S7. So, I guess they listened to people's feedback after all
like the first time? lol we will see,

i HOPE you are correct, plz plz!

I wouldnt mind being proven to be wrong!