Lt. Commander
# 11
05-31-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm not saying no to getting a Frigate, I'm saying no to it being the Aquarius.

The Aquarius is part of the Odyssey, they are not roaming around the Galaxy without there mother ships.

How stupid of KDF to think they should be a full Faction huh sophlogimo?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-31-2012, 01:34 PM
I guess the hordes of pets all spamming Tractor Beam aren't quite enough for you then?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-31-2012, 02:45 PM
I would be much happier seeing a pet equal to the Kar'Fi Battle Carriers, Far'jai Frigate. At the moment i'm so p***** having a carrier thats been over-build on defense and suffers too much in damage output.
Pets have way to little hull. They get smashed constantly so need to continuesly spam them out like a candy machine and suffer for critical seconds doing damage.
Oh yes I can stay alive for a long long time, but so can anything else fighting a Atrox. I'm not saying they should add more pets, but rather rebuild some or discharge the failures and insert others a little more usefull.
As it is now I prefer Vo'quv over Atrox. And thats kinda sad thinking I used 2000CP on it, and those I'd rather spent elsewhere now .
The tractor beam on the Advanced Danube Runabouts are just too little when they have Chronitron torps (really) speed reduce + speed reduce - damage = fail... It's just not enough.
The Advanced Perigine Fighters are the most to damage you come. But sadly you need to pull them off and back in constantly to get full damage since they always stack up behind the target and aparently then don't fire the Dual Cannons and Torps half the time and then you only doing half the damage. Or the target need to be a very fast one so they wont stack. Hmm where do I find a NPC mob fast enough... Nowhere.
Advanced Stalker Fighters are way to much PvP. IF i liked PvP I would choose those over Perigine because of the placate/drain skills. But they do not work in PvE and they are just awefull in STF's.
Advanced Delta Flyers are on the way to a better build. But it suffers again with the Tachyon Beam and Transphasic Torpedo. Missing damage when the shields are down.
Just saw that my friend are using the Advanced Delta Flyers with Advanced Perigine Fighters. They work slightly better than a mix with Danube and Perigine. Little more damage and he got skills enough to keep mobs in place. But he also whines greatly on the missing pet that just spams out damage like KDF. I however think it's a bit unfair to spam the same damage, considering the defense on a Atrox. But would like it to be MUCH closer than it is now.
I'm on a break at the moment to see where the future updates takes the game. ATM I don't like it and the game is still to easy to level through and way to repetitive in end game for me to keep interest. Sad when I could have recommended it to others. I have to tell the truth (however over-rated the truth might be) and say my own opinion of what is and what could be.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-01-2012, 12:21 AM
so

I love the Kar'Fi. It's got a lot of offensive oomph and science options.

I also like the frigates. They are fun and really solid -- one of the least-likely pets to need re-deploying.

But they're not some kind of huge DPS increase. Some of the advanced fighters -- on both sides -- are significantly higher, especially in bursts, despite the Fer'jais' use of tricobolts. They also fly in wide circles around targets, making their attack runs less quick than BoPs or fighter swarms.

It's not that they are bad -- I wouldn't use them if they were -- but the other options have their benefits, as well. Keeping a tighter leash on BoPs, for example, can net wonderful results. And, as mentioned, being able to toss out mobile tractors is pretty rad for control in the Atrox.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Didn't ask for a true copy of a Fer'Jai, but equal to it.
As it is now, and you can take the wiki-board for it, there are only science ships greater than a fighter. But there are no Frigates. And why would I use a science pet when I got the skills greater than all the pets combind together. I have no trouble keeping any target/s I take on, in one place and take off the shields. What I have trouble with is the lack of Hull damage I can do when that/those target/s will start fireing at me. Most of my power goes to Aux. and Shields, leaving not much for weapons.
I wouldn't ask at the current time for a copy of a BoP since they are true DPS and they are doing an insane damage. (One of the reasons I love my Vo'quv and one of the reasons you can't place them on the Kar'Fi. Just imagine B'Rotlh BoP's on a Kar'Fi. Huh..)
Simply asking for a Fed Frigate having skills like ''Torpedo: High Yield'', ''Cannon: Rapid Fire'', ''Aceton Beam'' or ''Beam Array: Overload''.
None of these skills are currently seen on the Fed side what I think is rather confusing.
And yet again. The Advanced Perigine Fighter are the most DPS you come. But, as they tend to stack up behind a target and ''slide'' out of main armament arc, you need to micro-manage them alot. Micro-management aren't really any fun here, as you need a target to pull them off or recall them constantly. Taking you off from your target constantly. And with the minor hull they got they constantly burn from even minor damage. I freakin hate those fighters and think it could be better.
I don't believe I'm either asking for to much or asking for überness. Simply asking for a little more fair balance for what cost alot. And please stop the ''Oh the spam of Tractor Beams aren't enough for you'' type of comments. Don't need the skill and it's getting old already.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
I am the only one who finds it ironic how the Klingon players on the forums are those who cry the most? :p

But yes, of course there will be more carriers and flight deck cruisers for the Federation. We can all see what Starfleet Command sees happening: The carriers actually help in all the war efforts (they are very useful both in PvE and in PvP), so it is only logical to add more carriers to the fleet, building on the experience with the Atrox class. And for those, Aquarius class pets are certainly worth a thought.
Aside from the fact the KDF are given far more points of contention to discuss, denegrating a point of view other than your own as crying is extremely telling. See you in Ker'rat.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Aside from the fact the KDF are given far more points of contention to discuss, denegrating a point of view other than your own as crying is extremely telling. See you in Ker'rat.
It's the classic argument to make when you have no argument.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianalliance View Post
It's the classic argument to make when you have no argument.
The first sentence was precisely that actually, I'm surprised you missed it in such a small paragraph.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Im finding no problems when I use an Atrox I can use it in STFs just fine with the right lay out.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The first sentence was precisely that actually, I'm surprised you missed it in such a small paragraph.
I'm surprised you missed the purpose of my post and forgot which side of the line I stand.