Lt. Commander
# 291
06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The desire for an increase in fleet bank slots is definitely something we are aware of, and is potentially something we can consider.
Appreciate the consideration
Lt. Commander
# 292
06-11-2012, 12:00 PM
So:

Step 1: Do Military Projects
- Earn Military Fleet XP

Step 2: Use Military Fleet XP to upgrade Military Systems
- Shipyards are Military systems
- Shipyards unlock new Provisioning missions for new/refit ships

Step 3: Perform Provisioning missions for the ships you want access to
- Each provisioning mission makes a number of ships available for purchase at the Starbase's vendors
- Could be on a first-come, first-served basis or based on fleet rank, we don't know
- This step is repeatable to replenish the supply if that ship available at vendors

Step 4: Buy ships
- Ships can be bought with Fleet Merits earned by performing missions, so helping in steps 1 & 3 will help offset the cost of the ship

So that's a...LOT of work to get a new ship, especially if missions have set minimum time limits

It's also worth noting that this is just for access to new starships, the whole thing needs to be repeated if you want a non-military project, and steps 2+ need to be repeated for any non-starship military project, and that's not even getting into starship tiers, so the most efficient way to use XP is to focus on a single branch (Military, Engineering or Science) and grind that, ignoring provisioning missions until the one you want.
Lt. Commander
# 293
06-11-2012, 01:31 PM
For me it will be Science (my fleet is SCICOM)
Lt. Commander
# 294
06-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charax1985

Step 3: Perform Provisioning missions for the ships you want access to
- Each provisioning mission makes a number of ships available for purchase at the Starbase's vendors
- Could be on a first-come, first-served basis or based on fleet rank, we don't know
- This step is repeatable to replenish the supply if that ship available at vendors

I don't believe that Cryptic will be taking a stance on the W^5H of the provisioning assignments. Those decisions are best left to the individual fleet's command structure.

A recommendation I would make to everyone concerned with the scarcity/access to the provisioning assignments:

Only the RECIPIENTS of the desired product should contribute to the assignment.

So, you ask, what if there are more items than recipients?
Either:
1) "It is not cost effective. The provisioning assignment will be queued for later consideration." (Probably wise if there are less than 50- 75% the number of recipients to product.)
2) Establish an "Overflow" (excess contributions of even "loan") of consumables to offset the deficit. Sales proceeds of the unallocated items are returned to the fleet bank directly.
3) BUCK UP and contribute all assets regardless. With the excess items considered "thank you for your support" and sold as in 2 above.
Lt. Commander
# 295
06-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
Here is the second part of the article.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06...-with-stos-da/

the down side to this is the part where it say that there is this quote "One of the nice additions is that fleets will now have a Fleet Level, which will allow prospective fleet recruits some idea of how much progress a fleet has made before they join." that will hurt the smaller fleets that r not advancing as fast. ppl want the biggest and best, so when a smaller fleet recruits a member and they see the "level", they will turn to a larger fleet for a home.
Lt. Commander
# 296
06-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskantrucker
the down side to this is the part where it say that there is this quote "One of the nice additions is that fleets will now have a Fleet Level, which will allow prospective fleet recruits some idea of how much progress a fleet has made before they join." that will hurt the smaller fleets that r not advancing as fast. ppl want the biggest and best, so when a smaller fleet recruits a member and they see the "level", they will turn to a larger fleet for a home.
I imagine smaller fleets will have much broader mission focus than the larger ones - because the lower-tier upgrade and provisioning missions will be much cheaper than the next ones up, you'll hopefully have smaller factions going for slowly ranking up everything, and the larger ones pushing for certain targets.
Lt. Commander
# 297 Misc Questions
06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Heretic,

How are fleet points awarded? Say a project has A, B, C, and D inputs. If someone does all of input B, do they get 25% of all the fleet points available to be earned from that project?

The reason why I ask is because inputs A, B, C, and D could have dramatically varying values. If "A" is 100,000 dilithium and "B" is simply 1,000,000 EC, "A" seems profoundly more valuable and hard to acquire than "B". Consquently player 1 should receive more fleet points for doing 100% of "A" vs. player 2 who does 100% of B.

If 1 dilithium is 1 fleet point and a duty officer is 75 dilithium when dismissed, then 1 duty officer is 75 fleet points? Hopefully 1 EC isn't 1 fleet point otherwise dilithium is being highly devalued in this system.

Currently 150,000 EC is 2000 dilithium using contraband, though this changes to 250,000 EC is 2000 when the new contraband turn-in changes occur.

-----

It would be nice if the system would be able to accept either dilithium or uncommon unreplicatable materials. They are both essentially the same execpt one is valuable and the other is not. 1000 ore will get you 3 C-Points, 1 uncommon will get you less than 80K EC which is much easier to obtain. Making the two equal in fleet projects will increase uncommon unreplictable values which will help boost crafted item values making crafting more appealing to those who want to make a business/game of it and use "Its Crafting Time" to their advantage. Right now being a crafter isn't very appealing "profession" on the game. Most of us non-PvE/PVP are just "merchants" instead.

------

Will the duty officer system be willing to accept commons/uncommons/rares/very rares? Currently the cadre sale has completely demolished the value of duty officers. Most rares are now going for 300K each and are rapidly declining.

If a project requires 50 duty officers, I would much rather throw 10 uncommons or 2 rares at the system rather than 50 commons. 50 commons are worth about 1,250,000 EC. 2 rares is 600K EC. 10 uncommons is 750,000 EC.

This would be a perfect way to get rid of all my copious rare biologists/conn officers/geologists/etc. that are unwanted and relatively unvaluable.

Thank you for your response.
Lt. Commander
# 298
06-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Also is there a way of regulating how many donations an individual can make. So one member does not donate 200k of Dilithium when a lot of other members have also saved up. So we can regulate the upload so-to-speak

I was also wondering if we could get an automatic Starbase cargo door opener for out keychain. I keep locking my Starbase key in mu Type F Shuttle and locking myself out.
Lt. Commander
# 299
06-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
PvE and PvP
The initial implementation of Fleet Starbases will include only PvE content. We are very interested in incorporating PvP into this system, but the decision was made to hold off on this until we have fully integrated a set of new PvP tech that was developed outside of STO.
This is most upsetting, I think that given this information I'll limit my log-ons to just checking duty officers. Please, grow some stones & let us pillage each other's starbases otherwise I'm not interested in starbases. We want to fight & crush our enemies' starbases not this PvE rubbish. I thought maybe with starbases & pvp you'd allow us to actually invest our assets & RISK something. Instead we get some pathetic watered down PvE junk. If your company didn't have the Star Trek IP I would not play your game. I'm going to go play Guild Wars 2 keep defense scenarios, call me once you get up enough moxy to introduce RISK into the starbase equation.
Lt. Commander
# 300
06-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazKid
This is most upsetting, I think that given this information I'll limit my log-ons to just checking duty officers. Please, grow some stones & let us pillage each other's starbases otherwise I'm not interested in starbases. We want to fight & crush our enemies' starbases not this PvE rubbish. I thought maybe with starbases & pvp you'd allow us to actually invest our assets & RISK something. Instead we get some pathetic watered down PvE junk. If your company didn't have the Star Trek IP I would not play your game. I'm going to go play Guild Wars 2 keep defense scenarios, call me once you get up enough moxy to introduce RISK into the starbase equation.
To play devil's advocate, the opposite of what is proposed would be complete PvP like EVE where you can attack any other fleet starbase to steal from another player's fleet bank and destroy their starbase, getting some % of the salvage. Since you can conceivably attack at any time this would be a massive disadvantage to small fleets because if there are only a handful of people online when an opposing fleet attacks they would have little chance of winning.

Immediately you would see disbanding of all the small fleets in the game and everyone would just join a handful of massive fleets. Those that chose to not to join a massive fleet would end up being seriously upset and disappointed to log in and find that all the 1,000,000s of resources they spent building their T3 are now gone because someone else decided to steal/salvage them. I could see people quitting the game because of their disappointment/outrage.

There are some people willing to risk 100s of hours of time and 100s of dollars where they can try to steal someone else's stuff. But I think this is the minority and not the majority. A F2P game has to appeal to a majority in order to make a profit off microtransactions. I know I would not become involved in fleets if this were the system that the devs decided to presue. I played a game once where everything you had could be taken by another person and it happened many times and I eventually gave up.

PvP based games tend to breed shark type players that run around trying to gobble up whatever they can for whatever reasons. Maybe its pure malice, virtual bullying, or wanting to steal stuff so they can sell it on e-Bay. Regardless such sharks build resentment and end up tearing down a community rather than building it up.

If you want a game of RISK then perhaps try your hand at lock boxes. Instead of being PvP its simply PvPWE where PWE clearly has the advantage. Look at the outrage that lock boxes have created. I can only imagine how much outrage would develop if fleets suddenly opened up the possibility of losing everything you put into them or their banks. My guess is very few people would use the fleet system other than those in the massive PvP fleets and I doubt the devs want to create a system that 10% will use and 90% will avoid.