Lt. Commander
Hiyas,

I'm trying to set up keybinds to heal teammates for pvp. My goal is to have 1 button per teammate per skill. 4 mates x 5 heals = 20 buttons. IE: target teammate 1 and use a given skill on that teammate. (I do not want to use the default F keys for teammate selection)

So here's what I've tried so far...
(please note: I'm manually editing my keybind file)

Control+3 “TargetTeammate 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 6" <-result: skill fires on myself. teammate not selected
Control+3 “Target_Teammate 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 6" <- same as above

Going with the 'last in, first out' theory
Control+3 “+TrayExecByTray 1 6 $$ TargetTeammate 1" <-result: teammate is selected, but skill doesn't fire
Control+3 “+TrayExecByTray 1 6 $$ Target_Teammate 1" <- same

The only thing I've learned so far is that the underscore is irrelevant. Is what I'm trying to do even possible or must I used the default F keys for teammate select?

TIA for any clarity on this matter,
Zani of 1st Column
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
What you are trying to do is very possible. I use it when a skill can be used on a teammate. Take Science Team, it can be used on yourself (Target_Self) or an identified teammate (Target_Teammate #).

Example:

Science Team
i "Target_Self $$ +TrayExecByTray 5 1"
o "Target_Teammate 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 5 1"
p "Target_teammate 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 5 1"
[ "Target_Teammate 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 5 1"
] "Target_Teammate 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 5 1"

(P.S. The underscore is very relevant.)

Also, make sure you are using notepad for your editor. From the looks of your cut/paste, the leading quotation marks are incorrect styling; all quotes should be as your trailing marks are. I have noticed that, in some editors, the quotation marks do not translate properly ingame.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Yes, I'm using notepad. Yes, I've read your "Keybinds for Dummies" which I like, have bookmarked and shared with my fleeties. However, it's not working as you wrote. And the underscore doesn't seem to matter. The results I get are the same whether I use it or not. I've also nulled/cleared the relevant default keybinds. What I pasted is exactly as it appears in my keybind file. Got any other ideas why this isn't working?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2012, 05:04 PM
It's not always a good idea to automate the healings if your teammate is not already in your target and you are sure it is in range.
So, while the keybinds may be correct, your teammate will not receive the healings but you do because is out of range.
Just check if this is the case.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
Also, make sure you are using notepad for your editor. From the looks of your cut/paste, the leading quotation marks are incorrect styling; all quotes should be as your trailing marks are. I have noticed that, in some editors, the quotation marks do not translate properly ingame.
AHA! I see what you meant by that now. It's the opening quotes that are mucking up the works.

Thanks a bunch Tranceaddict!