Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I will try to find some time to take a look at it, but I would be extremely surprised if it didn't stack since making them not stack would actually have been quite a bit more complicated. That being said, the statistical odds to get all of them out at once would be extremely small.
Thank you for the offer though it seems it will not be necessary with TheWackyWombat's confirmation that it does indeed stack (thank you TheWackyWombat).

I am happy to know they stack.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWackyWombat View Post
It stacks, but when you have more than one FDO it gets a little wonky some times. Dont ask me why, but I've seen my ship launch anywhere from 4 - 9 shuttles on procs. I'm guessing the low end is usually when I'm low on crew, but a full 9 is possible.
Ah-ha. Low crew could indeed explain this situation. Nice catch.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-13-2012, 08:55 PM
the tool tip reads (6 max) for the boarding party skill... meaning its capped at 6 shuttles max !!! after testing countless 100's of times with BP 3 and 2 ultra rares u will never get anymore than 6 total board party shuttles in 1 go, tbh if all 6 get to the target and no tac team is used 6 is all u ever need and are effective.... but yeah 6 is the max amount of BP shuttles even if u have 3 ultra rares. 1 or 2 ultra rares is all you need the 3ed is a waste ! having 2 ultra rares active will mean most of the time your hitting 5-6 total shuttles but even 1 will net u 4-5 most times and some times 6 if your lucky.

they stack in the sence that in total u have 66% chance with 2 ultra rares rather than 33% chance of hitting the bonus shuttle proc for each one of the 3 shuttles sent out from BP.

Side Note: Any chance of changing tac team to be chance based to remove BP's or if your target has no crew tac team won't counter boarding party ( as there is no crew to fight them off )

as it stands now 95% of ships run 1 tac team and most escourt pilots run 2 . . . this makes boarding party almost useless on them targets so please make it chance based to remove them ( like chance they may win that fight on deck 15 or a chance they will lose and the boarding party gets to the weapon console to shut it off for the given time ectect Rp.)

just feels sort of a lame I win hard counter to boarding party with tac teams very short cool down/chaining ect.

Nova.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlazers
the tool tip reads (6 max) for the boarding party skill... meaning its capped at 6 shuttles max !!! after testing countless 100's of times with BP 3 and 2 ultra rares u will never get anymore than 6 total board party shuttles in 1 go, tbh if all 6 get to the target and no tac team is used 6 is all u ever need and are effective.... but yeah 6 is the max amount of BP shuttles even if u have 3 ultra rares. 1 or 2 ultra rares is all you need the 3ed is a waste ! having 2 ultra rares active will mean most of the time your hitting 5-6 total shuttles but even 1 will net u 4-5 most times and some times 6 if your lucky.

they stack in the sence that in total u have 66% chance with 2 ultra rares rather than 33% chance of hitting the bonus shuttle proc for each one of the 3 shuttles sent out from BP.

Side Note: Any chance of changing tac team to be chance based to remove BP's or if your target has no crew tac team won't counter boarding party ( as there is no crew to fight them off )

as it stands now 95% of ships run 1 tac team and most escourt pilots run 2 . . . this makes boarding party almost useless on them targets so please make it chance based to remove them ( like chance they may win that fight on deck 15 or a chance they will lose and the boarding party gets to the weapon console to shut it off for the given time ectect Rp.)

just feels sort of a lame I win hard counter to boarding party with tac teams very short cool down/chaining ect.

Nova.
So what you are saying is that, no, it is not possible to get 9 shuttles from one BP III activation.. So in that sense the 2 purple ultra rare Fed FDOs abilities do not "stack" (which was my question). They only "stack" in the sense that they increase the chance to get the extra 3 shuttles from 33% to 66%.

Thank you for the clarification.

What a bummer.