Lt. Commander
# 61
06-14-2012, 10:23 AM
I am currently re-watching voyager, the first 2 seasons are not that great but i had the same problem with DS9.
Some episodes really sucked but after that it get's really really awesome.

On voyager it gets better but not awesome like in DS9. The borg episodes are not all that bad and the characters the doctor, 7 of 9 and chakotay are among my favorites.
I also like the ship
When i was younger i never thougt it would be that small compared to a galaxy class.
Lt. Commander
# 62
06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Sure it gets better. Tattoo makes sense when you are six shots of bourbon in.
Lt. Commander
# 63
06-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
I finally got around to watching DS9 all the way through and just finished that last episode. I've started on Voyager and I'm somewhere in the middle of the first season and I've gotta say, it's been rather disappointing so far.

It just seems like such a really boring series, too much technobabble(even for Star Trek), I can't relate to the characters what so ever, there doesn't seem to be much story other than "hey, this might get us home.... Oops, spoke too soon..." and frankly, I think Janeway is an idiot and how she got command of a star ship baffles the crap outta me.

It just doesn't seem very interesting so far but I remember DS9 kinda had a slow start too. So, does Voyager pick up at all? Do they completely ruin the borg like everyone says? Am I going to cringe and lose a little respect for Star Trek in general if I continue watching this series? Am I wasting my time?
IMO - no, it doesn't.

Personally, I stopped watching VOY regularly after the (I think) second episode of Season two called "The 37's" during VIOY's initial run on UPN - I've seen some of the later VOY episodes as they were reccomended by friiends (mainly the 4th Season Borg episodes that introduced 7 of 9) - but I honestly still wasn't impressed enough to start watching the show again.
Lt. Commander
# 64
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post

A few months ago, I got the chance to see BSG and to me, it was much closer to what I had hoped Voyager would be.

Imagine a Voyager where the Maquis and Starfleet are constantly at each others throats, and learn to coexist over the course of a few seasons, where new exotic threats are presented and cause the ship to change over time. Imagine it people were lost over time (not traded out) and the show was pretty consistent.

yes yes and yes. That is how voyager should have been.
Lt. Commander
# 65
06-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
yes yes and yes. That is how voyager should have been.
That would have been a show that to me might have been the best yet.