Lt. Commander
# 1 bird of prey wing
06-14-2012, 06:22 AM
The bird of prey wing that Klingon player a slight modification to the wing position of your ship shouldn't matter. That in combat it looks like it always has and any real Klingon will always be engaged in combat, or sleeping. we can use wing anytime or not need to use it with bird of prey wing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackian
The bird of prey wing that Klingon player a slight modification to the wing position of your ship shouldn't matter. That in combat it looks like it always has and any real Klingon will always be engaged in combat, or sleeping. we can use wing anytime or not need to use it with bird of prey wing.

I understand that you feel very strongly on this. And as you brought it up I must comment that the Bird of Prey wings are Very Important to the attack profile of the ship.

In fact, there are a few modifications that myself and some other more serious members of the community were considering as +1 consoles for future Birds of Prey.

"Ship's Head" console.-Flushing this Just before cloaking would jettison a debri clould that confuses enemies. A more crude but effective version of the photonic displacement console, and something captains have been using since the day bodily functions and sea warfare came together. A rather long time.

"Corvus Gear" console-Powerful landing gear that crushes and holds enemies for kinetic damage. Similar to the federation grapple claw but as it is a permanent fixture to the Bird of Prey it is more like the ancient roman corvus, a device used to pin and damage enemy ships, allowing them to be boarded and defeated.

"Flappy Wing" console--Okay I admit it. I made this one up. Sue me. But the first two ideas are legit.

Cheers and thanks for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackian
While you are technically correct, but you have to remember BoP wings did sweep in canon. And the KDF community wanted that wing sweep function to be added.

And I'm honestly glad they did, because it really added a nice visual dymanic to the game.