Lt. Commander
Apparently the "fix" to make it so contacts can't be killed was not effective. It seems that it only makes contacts that are the subject of the current objective unkillable. Other contacts can still be killed, even if they are part of a later objective.

This really needs to be reevaluated. Contacts should always be invincible regardless of the circumstances.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2012, 04:07 AM
I can confirm this. At least, on 100% for space.

I'm wondering if in the process of features being released for 6 we will get a toggle option for this or not. Is that on the plate for an option to the authors?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
It seems that it only makes contacts that are the subject of the current objective unkillable. Other contacts can still be killed, even if they are part of a later objective.
On a related note, if you make a contact subject to two "Talk to Contact" objectives, and then make the contact visible only after "This Objective In Progress," it seems to nominate the last objective as the trigger for appearing, rather than the first (effectively creating an unwinnable condition as the contact never spawns). Been meaning to report this but I've been a bit lazy. This came up in my challenge submission (if you look closely, there's a console in the station commander's office named after the hologram as well, as an ad hoc workaround when this cropped up).

Quote:
I'm wondering if in the process of features being released for 6 we will get a toggle option for this or not. Is that on the plate for an option to the authors?
That would be most awesome. It would be cool to create an optional to, say, rescue a freighter under attack by pirates, and if you succeed in preventing the ship's destruction, you get the chance to talk to them (and maybe a hint is placed in the dialog for instance). For that matter it would be nice, then, to have a behavior that says, "Attack this Foundry-designated target unless someone draws your aggro."

I love the fact that they're introducing more behaviors in S6 Foundry... although... the options available on Tribble now don't seem very flexible. I'm holding out hope that it's just a sample of things to come, though, and once that's tested more behaviors will be phased in quickly.