Lt. Commander
# 11
08-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheRoj
I understand that. And the likeness rights were given. I remember reading somewhere that someone wanted to know why only a few series characters were running around. The response was that only those actors that gave permission had their faces on NPCs running around. Michael Dorn was one of those. Now that he has given permission, I just think Cryptic is obligated to do a better job.
I agree. After giving permission, they were doing him (and all the fans) a disservice by not making him look somewhat like the character we all know and love. I do agree that they should have used the AGT version as a starting point, then make his mane pure white, while still retaining the classic style.

P.S. His head ridges don't look correct either.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-14-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that it would not be a difficult thing to do. I'm actually pretty sure you could make a Dorn Worf just using the standard Alien Gen character creator in-game. I'm sure there are several people here who have the skills. The only excuse seems to be laziness.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-14-2012, 05:36 PM
The House of Mough ridges are in the character creator.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that it would not be a difficult thing to do. I'm actually pretty sure you could make a Dorn Worf just using the standard Alien Gen character creator in-game. I'm sure there are several people here who have the skills. The only excuse seems to be laziness.
I could make a Worf with enough experimentation. Hey.... maybe i could do a youtube series about the kind of junk you can do........

But yes, a Worfy looking dude could be done, or at least a good approximation.

(For the record, I ignore the Star Trek comics. Yet to find a good one.)
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Well just look at Spock. He popped up a few times early on in Sto and he never looked spot on either despite BOTH spocks being voices in game. I'm not sure if it was something they did on purpose but it does seem that people never really look as they should when they're from canon.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Well, that Countdown stuff or whatever is a non-canon source, and therefore utterly invalid.
If you read the Path to 2409, you actually see that the events of "Countdown" were incorporated into STO's canon.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Well, that Countdown stuff or whatever is a non-canon source, and therefore utterly invalid.
Uh no sir.

Countdown is canon as it was written by Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci. The Events of said graphic novel are referenced in the newest film as well as physical evidence actually being in the game.

Therefore, Countdown is canon and this has been said by both Kurtzman and Orci themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaheinrichs
Uh no sir.

Countdown is canon as it was written by Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci. The Events of said graphic novel are referenced in the newest film as well as physical evidence actually being in the game.

Therefore, Countdown is canon and this has been said by both Kurtzman and Orci themselves.
It was stated later that it was not.

http://trekmovie.com/2009/05/22/orci...kmovie-fan-qa/

Inconsistencies between film and "Countdown" can be explained that the comic is not canon
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Countdown the Graphic Comic with Data as Captain of the Enterprise-E is wrong and not canon due to one glaring discontinuity: GENERAL Worf DIES by a mechanical tenticle stabbing right through him during the battle with the Narida.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
no, if you actually read it, Worf is rescued by the Enterprise-E IIRC

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes
Closed Thread