Lt. Commander
# 31
06-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
They will typically target a single ship, but there is a chance more than one ship can get caught in the web.

Are you using the Duty Officer System? Data shows that since the DOFF system was added, this has helped greatly to help players get to max rank.
I think the question is how many Tholians does it take to make a web? Is it one web casting or multiple spinning the web like in TOS?
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
They will typically target a single ship, but there is a chance more than one ship can get caught in the web.
So will there need to be more then one Tholian ship to make a web?
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Are you using the Duty Officer System? Data shows that since the DOFF system was added, this has helped greatly to help players get to max rank.
While this is true Dan I would say that there still is plenty of grinding, I think with current high end XP output from a first run, that the KDF need two or three more missions [b]with the current starting point[/i] to remove most of the grinding. This does nothing for the lack of content overall, but two to three more missions would remove most of the grinding I think and would make it much easier and less bothersome to level a Klingon character.
Lt. Commander
# 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I'll continue to voice my support for them, thank you very much.
Ew. Supporting pay-to-win. Flat prices in the C-Store next time, please.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Before F2P there was a lot of talk(specifically from Stormshade) about the leveling system being too fast, and people being able to fully level with 'a weekend and a pack of red bull'. Yet, you guys actually made it faster. Whats the deal with that?
They didn't want to spend money on the redbull anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-15-2012, 05:52 PM
F2P levelling is insane, I levelled to max in about a week of casual play before I even found out about the doff system (no I don't pay attention much)

on the Lockboxes, I can think of about half a dozen ways that will make them better, or at least tolerable:

1) Cardassian/Ferengi/appropriate race vendor that will buy them for EC/Dil

2) Let anyone open them, but keys give a higher chance of rare things

3) Separate loot tables for opening them for free Vs unlocking them

4) Repeatable doff mission to melt down 10 lockboxes for particles, crit for minor loot from the box

5) Lockbox doff mission chain that ends with your engineer being able to take 5 lockboxes and generate 1 Lobi crystal, repeatable once every 12 hours

6) daily quest to collect 50 lockboxes for Diplomacy XP

Just make them useful for people who don't want to shell out CP on gambling and most of the complaints will go away, a lot of us don't give a damn about getting a shiny alien ship, we just don't like these things intruding into our gameplay (endless, endless "Take Item" popups, blocking LoS, being so massive they block genuine loot drops) while being utterly, utterly useless to us. Even if we got something almost-useless from them, it'd make the bitter pill easier to swallow, while still letting anyone who wants to open them for CP do so.

Or just remove them, because you really should do that
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Dan, play the game will ya and stop quoting "our figures or data shows" blah. As your data makes the game worse each time you think data is good. Get hands on experiance, play it all the time like a player would not just a hour here and there or whatever.

Seriously annoyed with quoting all the data rubbish which you think the games working but it isnt from the players perspective. I.e the true player base who actually gives a damn because its the only trek mmo to play and doesnt want to play fantasy wow crap.

Also slow the levelling down will ya its just lazyness so you dont have to fill in the 0-50 content that your speeding it up. No one wants to get to end game i never asked for it because 1. Your moving from ship to ship too fast, 2. Your getting no sense of achievement for all the work you do.

Sry i have to rant here im sick of the data comments all the time and stuff. Just seriously get a clue.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Before F2P there was a lot of talk(specifically from Stormshade) about the leveling system being too fast, and people being able to fully level with 'a weekend and a pack of red bull'. Yet, you guys actually made it faster. Whats the deal with that?
Despite the fact that experienced players could quickly get to max level (as they can in any game), there was a vast majority of players stuck at mid-level. We've resolved that so that more players could experience the great missions at higher levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
I think the question is how many Tholians does it take to make a web? Is it one web casting or multiple spinning the web like in TOS?
From what I remember in the play test, there is a parent that launches smaller ships that form the web, so technically it is one, but it looks like more. (i could be wrong though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Dan, play the game will ya and stop quoting "our figures or data shows" blah. As your data makes the game worse each time you think data is good. Get hands on experiance, play it all the time like a player would not just a hour here and there or whatever.

Seriously annoyed with quoting all the data rubbish which you think the games working but it isnt from the players perspective. I.e the true player base who actually gives a damn because its the only trek mmo to play and doesnt want to play fantasy wow crap.
Sorry you feel that way. We play the game constantly internally and have dedicated staff that play to max level and then start over and play to max level again. The issue is that you as a player are representative of one viewpoint and there are many others. We use data to support our decisions, not to make our decisions. It is very easy to sit back and "analyze" what you think is going on, but without hard data, it is very easy to make false assumptions. The days of "making games on gut feelings" doesn't fly in today's highly competitive market - you have to know the whole picture. That does include playing the game, but without data, you're ignoring many players who don't always speak up.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Despite the fact that experienced players could quickly get to max level (as they can in any game), there was a vast majority of players stuck at mid-level. We've resolved that so that more players could experience the great missions at higher levels.
Which ones? It seems like you have less to do once you get there than along the way. Why rush people there?
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Are we getting any new kllingon ships anytime soon, or perhaps can we use a captured atrox there?