i don´t understand why we need a brand new pvp system after all.
we have a solid basic pvp system in place but it need just care to be fun.
my personal route map for pvp would be:
1. bug fixing and optimizing of existing content.
realy, it isn´t that much
2. clear the player-screen of those fighter´s, mines, drones, ect.
why i can select every single fighter ? just make one selectable health bar for the entire fighter squad or minefield.
3. releasing those open-pvp-patrole-mission
klingon player engage npc-ships on the sector map, the battle pop up at all instances of sector map with a 1 minute timer for any federation ship to arrive. ( first come first serve and any lvl will be pushed to max-lvl like in the borg-red-alerts)
problems with the (re)spawn points ? just make them available as 1v1 with a enforced cease-fire-time of 30 seconds after spawn
4. create a pvp-version of the fleet-action "klingon scouting force" just like ker´rat.
cut down the klingon npc-numbers at that map and install some objectives for the klingon-players as well and let it roll like ker'rat. you could also add a ground-pvp-map at the hidden starfleet vessel on this map.
5. add a reward-system for participance
6. rework of the cloaking and detecting system
a big issue for me. the current cloaking system is to powerfull. there must be a better balance of hidding and finding or hunting.