Lt. Commander
# 31
06-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
What should not be omitted is that you're using it with DOFFs. If you don't use those, the power is as useless as if it ever was.
Same could be said for a few other skills that have been dofferized.... yes doffs make aux to bat much better they are far and away the best doffs for a skill in the system for sure.

Still one EPTS one Aux to BAt + 3 doffs = Perfect skill roll.

With 3 aux to bat doffs.... if you where one of the lazy people running 2 copies of EPTS ... you now get the same effect + the aux to bat doff procs.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-16-2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Same could be said for a few other skills that have been dofferized.... yes doffs make aux to bat much better they are far and away the best doffs for a skill in the system for sure.

With 3 aux to bat doffs.... if you where one of the lazy people running 2 copies of EPTS ... you now get the same effect + the aux to bat doff procs.
The DOFFs certainly change a lot of the old dynamics. We really need a BigRedJedi style big comprehensive post on DOFF effects. Maybe I'll find the time eventually to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Please MustrumRidcully, do it because you can do it! Actually I can't decide between Doffs assuring a resistance and others increasing the possibility to activate a buff.
It's not so confusing, but a very well done guide will be extremely useful!
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post

isent having 3 sdo better?
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN1981
isent having 3 sdo better?
That depends on what you are trying to do. Using 3 Aux to Battery/Technician Doffs maximizes your ability to speed up all Boff cool downs.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post

do u have a list of what boff skills are affected by the technician proc?
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Any and all boff skills on cool down, cools down faster when you activate Aux to Battery. This does not effect Captain skills or anything that isn't on cool down.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Any and all boff skills on cool down, cools down faster when you activate Aux to Battery. This does not effect Captain skills or anything that isn't on cool down.
I could be wrong, but I believe anything you activate after w/in the 10 sec window will also have it's cooldown effected. I'm not certain though.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-16-2012, 01:31 PM
i tryed the aux 2 bat. i had tt1 and 2. to be honest i cant see how aux 2 bat cool down is of any use. my cool downs were close to ok but epts1 interfered with the cd of all powers. i can see aux 2 bat 1 and 2 working so my powers are always ready for use. but what do i do about sheilds?

maybe im wrong in the aux 2 bat set up? i tryed delta 1 omega 1 rapid fire 3 epts 1 aux 2 bat 1 aux 2 sif 2(which i would change due to no aux in system) he 1 tss2. now i really did not notice a 100% global cd. how should this aux 2 bat with 3 doffs get set up so im always on 100% globa cd?

many times my tt1 was off cd while tt2 had 7-10 secs same as rapid fire 1 and 3.

i still think 2 tt doffs and 3 sdo are a much better set up even if this new escourt has only 1 omega. then again i could be wrong in the aux 2 bat set up. is it epts1 aux 2 bat 1 and 2? is that how to make it work?
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't have the numbers or the technique down. My Galaxy-R could most definitely stand to have an optimization pass but my general thoughts are like this. The Shield Distribution Doff can be used about once every minute. Three of them roll three chances but it still can only happen around once a minute. Aux to Battery can be used every 45 seconds, even more frequently since the Technician proc effects the Aux to Bat cool down as well. You only need one Aux to Battery. I would think more than one would be a waste.

So if you used EPtS at the start, that puts Aux to Battery on a 15 second global cool down. During that time you can fire off any number of other bridge officer skills and then, if necessary, you can reduce their cooldowns by about 30% (I think). So you keep EPtS and then you have 10 seconds of maxed out power in all but auxiliary. Shortly after Aux to Battery wears off, your EPtS should be ready to go. Then you just repeat the cycle, with a few changes here and there based on need.

It feels like a lot of rambling but it's an interesting set up. I need to play it more and work out some kinks because right now I spend a lot of time watching the cool downs and hoping I get lucky with some of them. I'm not sure how good this would be for a Tac since Tactical Initiative might waste some potential. Plus an Engineer has a bit more flexibility with their survivability if EPtS gets nuked and Aux to Bat is too far off for the save (yes, for the save).

Whether it's ideal or not remains to be seen but it's kind of fun to try something different and have not not be a complete failure.