Lt. Commander
# 101
06-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This statement concerns me. Isnt there going to be 3-4 months between S6 and 7? If the Spotlight rewards are *truly* coming "shortly" after S6's release, why even mention S7 which is several months away? Is "shortly" just PR for "sometime before S7" or what?
If Cryptic wants to survive now and into the future, they needed to flood the system with new content. Releasing season six and seven close together is essential. Since the content within season six solely focuses on fleet interaction, mentioning the content of season seven sends a signal to solo and casual players. Cryptic is telling us that they are listening.

Quote:
Beyond that, Season 7 will be entirely focused on adding a new sector and content to the game. In addition to the Tholians, you’ll be seeing the return to one of our key storylines as you begin the quest to resolve one of the key conflicts happening in the game.
What the above quote says to me is that they hear our concerns. Many of us were asking Cryptic for an endgame purpose. If we are shoveling out money for top-level ships, why is there no in game leveling purpose for having them? Why bother buying a $25 digital item if you are only going to use it to grind? Its all about injecting the game with fun. Instead of just focusing on the grindfest found in season five and season six, the following season will be about a return to storytelling.

Quote:
Does this mean a Tholian Feature Episode series is in the works? Not exactly. We are going to be trying something different that will be story focused, but also allow us to add more missions to the game than you’ve previously seen in a Feature Episode series.
See? It was revealed in the following lines. As someone who is a casual and solo player, I find Cryptic's announcement of season seven as a sign of good news.

Quote:
Does that include an increase in the level cap? Maybe, but we are not going to repeat the mistakes of the past when we increased the skillpoint cap yet had very little new content to come with that increase.
*crosses fingers* If Cryptic is able to raise the level cap to at least level 55, the new missions added to the game can be played with the high-level c-store ships. Even though you can go back and replay old missions, boring, the new missions will feel like you are making progress. It will feel like we bought the ships for a purpose.

...and, that is the good news.
Lt. Commander
# 102
06-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive
If Cryptic wants to survive now and into the future, they needed to flood the system with new content. Releasing season six and seven close together is essential. Since the content within season six solely focuses on fleet interaction, mentioning the content of season seven sends a signal to solo and casual players. Cryptic is telling us that they are listening.
Too bad thats not what their doing.
Lt. Commander
# 103
06-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
That's just it: This is the feedback you heard. You're not (and can't) taking in the feedback you're not hearing and not seeing. Cryptic can see feedback we can't (actually we probably can see at least some of it, but most players have probably disabled that feature). If you're going by feedback on forums, Op-Ed pieces by gaming websites, podcasts and call-ins from players, what you're hearing are the wails of the displeased.

People that that aren't bothered by something rarely 'bother' to put in an effort to say anything more than "I'm not bothered" and move on. People that are bothered by something will yammer on incessantly about whatever it is with increasing volume until its taken care of, and then they move on. It is extremely rare that anyone will go out of their way to heap praise about something they like. Why? Because they're busying themselves with doing that thing they like instead of stopping doing that thing they like to go write a thank-you letter or heap praise somewhere that takes them away from doing whatever it is they like.

...And, since I never disabled those notifications for "So'n'so has won a <insert rare ship>" (which I don't think I ever said anything more than 'it doesn't bother me' when that topic came up, and then I moved on), I'm still almost constantly seeing those notifications pop up (also it still doesn't bother me), which tells me that LOTS of people are still constantly buying lockbox keys, whether for their own use or selling those keys on the Exchange. So the feedback I'm hearing loud and clear is that there are tons of people that apparently DON'T have an issue with buying such things that we're not hearing about on the forums or podcasts or anywhere else. And really I wouldn't expect to hear from them. They're in-game. Playing. And buying keys for lockboxes. Still.

So the reality of the situation is that this is not a big deal for most people, but for a some people, this is a HUUUUGE deal. And I've got to think that Cryptic probably sees this as well. They're looking at their books and see how many people are buying lockbox keys (and it's probably a fairly steady number in order to have been able to award as many Galors and Marauders as I've seen). And they see on the forums and listen to podcasts where people rant and rant about these things, and they simply don't add up. They can probably see on these forums that a lot of the people that complain about these things are the same people, just making post after post, thread after thread with the same rant. Which, to an outside viewer who's not looking or keeping track of names, probably looks like a lot more people are complaining than actually are.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this point. I think the issue is a tad more complex and bigger than you represent., It's been featured negatively in at least two independent web articles I've read, and there are at least two countries that may possibly ban them, based upon numerous complaints. That's gotta be a problem PR wise for a game that wants to attract new players.

This doesn't sound like just a few "people, just making post after post", at least not to me.

Listen, I'm glad they don't bother you, seriously, I am. I don't want anyone to be bothered by them,truth be told. But frankly some STILL paying players are bothered by them. And stating the obvious, this is where to express it.

I would just like to see the team work on something I consider to be more of a value for MY dollar, and content the majority can enjoy, rather than just a lucky few. I seriously believe that the game needs this BADLY.

I'd like to run an STF or some mission where boxes didn't drop like rain.
Heck, I was in PVP with my fleet the other day and after I blew up, one dropped ! The damned things creep into nearly every aspect of the game.

I hesitate mentioning where I haven't seen them, so as not to give anyone any ideas......

But you are entitled to your opinion, I respect that. I hope you can respect mine.
Lt. Commander
# 104
06-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Are you using the Duty Officer System? Data shows that since the DOFF system was added, this has helped greatly to help players get to max rank.
Ah, that would make sense. Sorry for the confusion.
Lt. Commander
# 105
06-16-2012, 04:25 PM
THink about how to get out of the Tholian web.

Just open up on the ships making it.

ALong those lines though we should be able to win KAS by blowing up the bloody time gate.
Lt. Commander
# 106
06-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
I
I'd GLADLY pay to play as a Romulan, Cardassian, Ferengi, or Hirogen MINI FACTION/s.
I DON'T want a MINI Romulan faction, I want a full fledged Faction allowing me to fly a D'Deridex Warbird with a level 50 Romulan.
Lt. Commander
# 107
06-16-2012, 05:13 PM
why is everyone talking about "endgame" when dstahl is talking about season 6 and season 7?

"endgame" cannot be endgame........
Lt. Commander
# 108
06-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Omega View Post
why is everyone talking about "endgame" when dstahl is talking about season 6 and season 7?

"endgame" cannot be endgame........
If you are not aware, the term "end game" basically means the types of content you do once you reach max level. It does not mean the game is over.
Lt. Commander
# 109
06-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4pt41nk4ng4r00
If you are not aware, the term "end game" basically means the types of content you do once you reach max level. It does not mean the game is over.
I was not aware... plenty of ranks left to advance to beyond the current maximums though if cryptic opens them up.
Lt. Commander
# 110
06-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Omega View Post
I was not aware... plenty of ranks left to advance to beyond the current maximums though if cryptic opens them up.
Really? Like what? President of the Federation? The max rank is already VA, so there isnt much higher you can go before everyone is unrealistically high ranked. But none of that actually matters unless those new ranks come with new content to play through.