Lt. Commander
# 1 Vor'Kang worthwhile?
06-15-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm an engineer with plans to go along the vor'cha -> negh'var -> command bortas'qu(maybe) route and I was wondering if the vor'kang offers enough bang for the buck to be worthwhile getting. I know I won't be in it for long but the console from it sounds interesting and possibly useful for my future ships.

I'd just like to get some community feedback from the forums before I drop the cash on it
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm lvl 50. I love the Vor'Kang and am currently saving up dilithium so I can purchase the Vor'cha Retrofit and skin it like the Vor'Kang.

She's got a pretty sweet turn-rate for a cruiser. I just got the ship, so I can't say for sure how effective the console is. So probably my input isn't very helpful. What a waste of a post! Oh well.

I will say that in my mind it seems an equivalent of the Fed's Excelsior Retrofit, which is a kickass ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2012, 03:44 PM
I agree with EmperorAndy, the Vor'Kang is a great ship and I do use it as the skin for the Vor'cha Battle Cruiser Retrofit. I find with a properly specced out captain/ship it turns very well and can easily keep cannons on target.

I think the Isometric Charge Module that comes with it is a neat idea but from my experiences the uses are limited since your enemies need to be packed tightly together for it to be of any real consequence. Good for flocks of fighters.

Generally I keep it in my inventory in case I need it but use that slot for more effective consoles. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I too run a Vor'Kang skinned Vor'Cha (except the nose which is still Vor'Cha) and the console is fantastic for groups. Despite two hits being wasted it can do massive damage to the Probes in Cure. It hit's the bottom one, goes up, than across than back down.

The T4 Vor'Kang is a T5 Vor'Cha with the exception it's Lt.Com Boff is only a Lt. so if you like flying it skip the Negh'Var and stay with the Vor'Cha in the Vor'Kang skin.

Of course this may taint your experience with the mobile battle fortress that is the Bortasqu (Just too slow for me to enjoy)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Well, the console is just a gimmick with it's long recharge time. But try this: Empire defense, Cardassians. Jem'Hadar Battleship. Aproach with halve impulse, strip the shields facing you. Whait till the Jem'Hadar launches his boarding shuttles. As soon as all 3 are heading your way, fire your isometric charge at the closest one. Fire your torps. Enjoy the pretty explosions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurigas View Post
Well, the console is just a gimmick with it's long recharge time. But try this: Empire defense, Cardassians. Jem'Hadar Battleship. Aproach with halve impulse, strip the shields facing you. Whait till the Jem'Hadar launches his boarding shuttles. As soon as all 3 are heading your way, fire your isometric charge at the closest one. Fire your torps. Enjoy the pretty explosions.
If you think that's good do it in PVP Boarding Parties, Carriers or the new HEC. LOLs like you wouldn't believe.

I won't say the Console is the be all and end all of ship consoles it is good.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2012, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll just save my cp for now and see what season 6 has in store for us
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Honestly I doubt they're going to throw us a bone anytime soon, Don't buy a ship unless you love it.

That was my mistake with the MVAE on a Threat Specced Engineer. Especially I see the T5 Akira totally outclassing the MVAE.