Lt. Commander
Trying to use a parser to see how im doing dps wise and i try the /combatlog 1 but it doesnt create the file in /logs/gameclient.

Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2012, 05:07 PM
lol nvm u enabled it and you then need to battle for it to record lol i just figured it would have wrote the previous battles log which i could read in chat into the file. Case solved. ;P
Career Officer
# 3
01-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
lol nvm u enabled it and you then need to battle for it to record lol i just figured it would have wrote the previous battles log which i could read in chat into the file. Case solved. ;P
I'm having issues with this too.
I started An STF and typed in the chat box CombatLog 1
And proceeded to fight. After the STF ended I typed in the chat box CombatLog 0 to end recording.
With entering the command lines I got no acknowledgement in the chat window of any kind (do you get any kind of notification or recorded telemetry when you type in CombatLog 1?)
And no file had been saved.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks .
Captain
# 4
01-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
I'm having issues with this too.
I started An STF and typed in the chat box CombatLog 1
And proceeded to fight. After the STF ended I typed in the chat box CombatLog 0 to end recording.
With entering the command lines I got no acknowledgement in the chat window of any kind (do you get any kind of notification or recorded telemetry when you type in CombatLog 1?)
And no file had been saved.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks .
It doesn't tell you at all that it is running and that it is saving it in a file. Make sure you put a slash before it. ie "/combatlog 1"

It should be in the logs folder. I think it's the default, but mine is always in C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/live/gameclient/logs

If you load the raw file it looks like a text wall of gibberish. You'll need to use a parser like STOICS.
Career Officer
# 5
01-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
It doesn't tell you at all that it is running and that it is saving it in a file. Make sure you put a slash before it. ie "/combatlog 1"

It should be in the logs folder. I think it's the default, but mine is always in C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/live/gameclient/logs

If you load the raw file it looks like a text wall of gibberish. You'll need to use a parser like STOICS.
Yeah I've been putting the / in and your folder is I'm the same location as mine. There is a log in there that says CombatLog but it dosen't have the time and date that shows when the data was recorded. I should have about five files there by now but not a sausage. Lol
Captain
# 6
01-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
Yeah I've been putting the / in and your folder is I'm the same location as mine. There is a log in there that says CombatLog but it dosen't have the time and date that shows when the data was recorded. I should have about five files there by now but not a sausage. Lol
Um yeah. It's one file. It doesn't save multiple files. I didn't think of that. I usually do a run, save the log, and then pop back to my desktop and rename it something else. That way it constantly creates another combatlog file.
Career Officer
# 7
01-15-2013, 01:19 AM
Ahhh ok I'll give it a go As soon as I get in from work.

Thank you
Career Officer
# 8
01-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
Um yeah. It's one file. It doesn't save multiple files. I didn't think of that. I usually do a run, save the log, and then pop back to my desktop and rename it something else. That way it constantly creates another combatlog file.
Nop still not working.
I deleted the CombatLog file and recorded a new battle scene. Ended the new recording and had a look at the new file. Again it only said "CombatLog" but I entered it in to "ACT" anyway but nothing happened.

I followed the instructions to the letter but it just won't have it.