Lt. Commander
# 1 Question on Sao Paulo
06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Ok so basically I am debating how I want to set up my defiant refit. I was thinking of getting the retrofit as the cloak does seem nasty but I really don't pvp much at all, less than once a week. So although it is useful I think the Sao Paulo may be a better option.

Also I question if anyone has used a disruptor setup. I know I lose some dps doing it but I was thinking with the debuff my torp barrges could be really nasty.

I already have many of the pieces I need to do just this. I just have to change them from my carrier. They work well with it because my pets cause most of the damage. Although I also have another setup I use for it but I'm straying from my topic.

I was thinking of possibly using the breen cluster torp as an option as well since I just picked it up. Thoughts were going to be DBB disruptor mk 11 borg x2 up front with 1 dhc (dont have yet) and the quantum mk 12 borg or breen torp. Then I would put all 2 turrets in back or possibly 1 turret and the cluster in back and keep the quantum in front.

Obviously there is room for improvement in marks of weapons and such but I will get them as I can.

It seems that the only reason to get the Sao Paulo may be the quad cannons which I have read don't really do much more than add a graphically correct look to the cannons for the Defiant. I really need a bit of input on this as I have enough cpoints to get either at the moment but not both. Also as far as tactial ships go I dont want the MVAE even though I have heard it is a bit superior for pve which I have said is mostly what I do.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2012, 10:26 PM
The cloaking device gives you a 15% bonus to your damage for 5 seconds afte you drop your cloak. Its great for alpha strikes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2012, 10:29 PM
If you have the defiant retrofit, buy the sao palo for the costume option only and use it on the defiant. If you don't, you will lose a weapon slot.