Lt. Commander
I have reached Rank IV of Diplomacy and am trying to claim my single Bridge Officer from an enemy faction - namely Mr. Gorn. So off I went to the Exchange and bought Mr. Gorn, but he doesn't want to join. Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha
I have reached Rank IV of Diplomacy and am trying to claim my single Bridge Officer from an enemy faction - namely Mr. Gorn. So off I went to the Exchange and bought Mr. Gorn, but he doesn't want to join. Any ideas?
Go to Admiral Quinns office on ESD and speak to Jiro Sugihara, you will be able to choose one of the boffs as your diplomacy reward from him.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
Go to Admiral Quinns office on ESD and speak to Jiro Sugihara, you will be able to choose one of the boffs as your diplomacy reward from him.
What he said. You have to personally visit Jiro at ESD, and your boff options are one of every race, all three classes, and available gender.

It was always my intention to add a female orion to my roster, but the science officer seemed like the best choice for skills.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Get a Gorn medic. He knows the full details of your wounds; he made them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha
It is possible you picked up a KDF Gorn off the exchange instead of a Federation Gorn. You can tell the difference by the background. One has the symbol of the Klingon Empire, the other has a seal of either Starfleet Tactical (red), Starfleet Corp of Engineers (yellow), ot Starfleet Science (Blue). Check the symbol behind the character next time to make sure you can use him/her before you buy. It may save you some headaches later on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
It is possible you picked up a KDF Gorn off the exchange instead of a Federation Gorn. You can tell the difference by the background. One has the symbol of the Klingon Empire, the other has a seal of either Starfleet Tactical (red), Starfleet Corp of Engineers (yellow), ot Starfleet Science (Blue). Check the symbol behind the character next time to make sure you can use him/her before you buy. It may save you some headaches later on.
Yes, you can buy a KDF BOff, and it will not be usable by the player, I have made that particular mistake.

Fed-side KDF BOffs are available for the buying, you can have as many as you can afford, I've got four myself (three were gifts from friends who got tired of them). They are, however, EXTREMELY expensive. Starting up near a million EC when I last looked.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuHull View Post
Yes, you can buy a KDF BOff, and it will not be usable by the player, I have made that particular mistake.

Fed-side KDF BOffs are available for the buying, you can have as many as you can afford, I've got four myself (three were gifts from friends who got tired of them). They are, however, EXTREMELY expensive. Starting up near a million EC when I last looked.
You can gift them?!? I thought the cross faction DOFFs you get from Diplomacy ot Espionage (Encourage Defection) were bind on pick-up.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-18-2012, 06:41 PM
The federation female orions start at about 9m last time I looked.

As noted, just make sure that the icon is for your faction.

Be aware that, at least for the female orion, your costume options are very limited.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post

Be aware that, at least for the female orion, your costume options are very limited.
Everything that female orions can wear on the KDF side already. No fed uniforms, but why would you want to see one wearing one anyway?
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
You can gift them?!? I thought the cross faction DOFFs you get from Diplomacy ot Espionage (Encourage Defection) were bind on pick-up.
DOffs are Bound, BOffs are not. Hence my trio of Orion science darlings I affectionately refer to as my HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRAAAAAIN!! :biggrin: