Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP and the Enigma Nebula
06-16-2012, 10:01 PM
I've been thinking of a way to drive traffic to the captains table.

What if the Enigma Nebula were moved to a planet in the Klingon neutral zone? The system would be no holds barred open pvp with the anomaly at the center.

Players who approach the system from sector space will have the option to zone directly into the captains table or the open PVP system.

If they aren't eligible for the captains table, they can still go to the pvp system.

Might even want to make access to the captains table a pvp accolade reward too as that would encourage players to pvp.

This would give pvp'rs a place to hang out. They could pop into the captains table to re-work their builds or swap ships quickly and be right back into the action.

What do you all think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2012, 12:06 AM
hey thats my hang out.

no one is ever there.

i peer out at the stars and ponder..........

"why is pvp so good, yet so neglected in this game"

you can't have it!

its my ponder place.....
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
hey thats my hang out.

no one is ever there.

i peer out at the stars and ponder..........

"why is pvp so good, yet so neglected in this game"

you can't have it!

its my ponder place.....
Yaa.. it's my place to go when I get tired of sending my Duty officers to Die and wonder.. Just how many BoPs it would take to get to the Center of a Tootsie Roll Pop..
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2012, 04:37 AM
It's an interesting idea, I can imagine the Table station itself with Cap standing at the window rubbing the grime from a glass as he looks out at an open PVP area with **** knows what going on.

But I'd rather they make a brand new open PVP Kerrat style area in several places of the game, each with it's own grindworthy reasons to go to each one in order to draw new players in. Many will see a potential space set you can only get from killing X amount of YZ and surviving ABC in order to get the set as honey. I'd rather Cryptic take Cap's Table and find other ways to make it worth going too. I think there was a thread about it in the General Forums a few months ago with some awesome ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 05:37 PM
One open PvP/PvE hybrid zone per sector would be overkill... but there ought to be one in Beta Ursae and that sector Memory Alpha is in that I haven't been back to since my characters all finished the Romulan arc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Just how many BoPs it would take to get to the Center of a Tootsie Roll Pop..
Less than one, because I think even a low powered shot from a half-wrecked bird of prey stuck in a dampening field would be able to vaporize it.