Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 411
05-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Last Ask Cryptic I asked dstahl about the "long term projects" category in his engineering reports.
That is where "more minigames" line item has been laying forgotten for nearly a year.
I asked if that was the place ideas went to die a quiet death. I wasnt the only person who has those feelings.
His response was that it wasnt a category for dead things, that it really was a holding space.

Then, in this months engineering report, in a follow-up post in the thread, he talked about the new 'behind the scenes' features and systems to the core game code that were being included in Season 4.

One of those jumped out at me that might be relevant to this thread.
He said: It will improve mouse and keyboard responsiveness.
I wonder if one of the reasons we havent seen minigames deployed is issues found around input responsiveness. Or if there were other core game code elements that were missing but crucial for reasonable mini-games.

There are plenty of games they could have deployed that weren't game input responsive, but it made me think that, and hope that, the reason we have been waiting so long is perhaps missing core code.

Has any one seen or read anything that might back that supposition up?
Lt. Commander
# 412
05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nack
While I can sort of see it, I think your interpretation is being overly generous, here. As you point out, there are options that have nothing to do with quick response. General reliability of input is also an issue, though, which has been kinda poor across both CO and STO.
Lt. Commander
# 413
06-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nack
Last Ask Cryptic I asked dstahl about the "long term projects" category in his engineering reports.
That is where "more minigames" line item has been laying forgotten for nearly a year.
I asked if that was the place ideas went to die a quiet death. I wasnt the only person who has those feelings.
His response was that it wasnt a category for dead things, that it really was a holding space.

Then, in this months engineering report, in a follow-up post in the thread, he talked about the new 'behind the scenes' features and systems to the core game code that were being included in Season 4.

One of those jumped out at me that might be relevant to this thread.
He said: It will improve mouse and keyboard responsiveness.
I wonder if one of the reasons we havent seen minigames deployed is issues found around input responsiveness. Or if there were other core game code elements that were missing but crucial for reasonable mini-games.

There are plenty of games they could have deployed that weren't game input responsive, but it made me think that, and hope that, the reason we have been waiting so long is perhaps missing core code.

In an interview with Priority One (ep85) mini games were mentioned so they are planned per say but when devs have time to make them, right now they are swamped with Season 6 but apparently they try to make them when they have nothing else on their plate.
Lt. Commander
# 414
06-18-2012, 08:59 PM
aww crud. Massive necro post.