Captain
# 1 A.J. Stoner Mission catalogue
06-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Avenging Resolution
by
A.J. Stoner

A month has passed since the tragic events at Ker'rat IX. Your protests to Fleet Command were met with stonewalling and your request to be heard by the council has been flatly denied. It seems that Quint and section 31 will be having their way for now.

In your ready room, preparing for your watch, you hear the sound of a transporter. You turn just in time to catch a datapad materializing on your desk.

NOTE: This mission is a sequel to Finding Resolution. You should play that first.

ID: ST-HD7Y5LARO
LEVEL: 46+
PLAY TIME: 90 minutes
GAMEPLAY: Heavy space and ground combat; Investigation; Exploration; RP

Finding Resolution
by
A.J. Stoner

On the outskirts of the Ker'rat system, a moon has drifted too close to its parent world and is being slowly torn apart. A research outpost, established to observe the forming ring system, went quiet over a week ago. The U.S.S. Resolution was sent to investigate but there has been no word and she is now three days overdue.

ID: ST-HDW83F7ZH
LEVEL: 46+
PLAY TIME: 2 hours
GAMEPLAY: Heavy space and ground combat; Investigation; Exploration; RP

The Far Wanderer
by
A.J. Stoner

An ancient and massive ship has arrived in the Vorn system. Heavily damaged, it has begun to repair itself using material scavenged from a nearby asteroid field. All attempts at communication have failed and the Borg are dangerously near. Starfleet Command is looking for a brave captain to examine the ship up close.

ID: ST-HFXJYEDSW
LEVEL: 41+
PLAY TIME: Aprox. 40 minutes
GAME PLAY: Investigation, Exploration, some Space Combat, Dialogue Heavy.

Jupiter Proving Ground

ID: ST-HHLJQWBUL
PLAY TIME: Aprox. 30 to 40 minutes
GAME PLAY: Ship-build benchmarking mission.

At the direction of the Special Task Force, the Jupiter Proving Ground has been established at the edge of the Sherman (DS-K7) system in the Eta eridni sector to help keep Starfleet's captains at the peak of their abilities. It is open to all ship commanders of captain rank or higher to test their weapon configurations and skills.

This mission is designed to allow players to quickly and accurately test new ship builds and battle tactics in a controlled environment. I hope it proves useful.

King of the Mountain

ID: ST-HIZ9VPQY2
LEVEL: 31+
Play Time: 30 to 40 minutes

An emergency beacon from a Federation shuttlecraft has been detected, originating from the icebound world of Toron V in the Beta Ursae sector. Conditions on the surface are brutal so a rescue effort must be mounted at once.

NOTE: Heavy ground combat; exploration; some space combat.

Hostage Crisis

SHUTTLE MISSION: This mission is designed to be played with a shuttle.

ID: ST-HCRET79LJ
LEVEL: 16+

True Way terrorists have captured the Utopia Planitia shipyards and have taken the base personnel into custody. They are threatening to begin killing the hostages if their demands are not met. Starfleet Command needs you to infiltrate the base and neutralize them.

NOTE: There are some extra dialogue options if you have already played "Cardassian Shipyard."

Cardassian Shipyard

ID: ST-HCMKIB3DK
LEVEL: 31+

In an effort to strengthen ties with the provisional government, Starfleet Command has requested that you make use of a new Cardassian shipyard in the Kinjun system of the Beta Ursae sector for scheduled repairs.

NOTE: Short Mission, heavy space combat

The Jaws of Scylla

ID: ST-HH9LK6BOK

A survey ship has detected a derelict Borg sphere in a decaying orbit around Scylla, a neutron star near the edge of the Badlands in the Beta Ursae sector. This ship could contain valuable intelligence; Starfleet Command wants you to board her and secure it before the sphere is destroyed.

NOTE: Short Mission; brief space flight and heavy ground combat.

Operation Blacksky Viking

ID: ST-
LEVEL: any

A Gorn double agent who has been feeding information to Starfleet has been captured by the Klingons. He is currently being interrogated at an outpost in the Otha system. Intelligence suggests the base will be nearly undefended for tyhe next 40 hours so a rescue operation must be mounted at once.

Last edited by ajstoner; 01-01-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Captain
# 2
06-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Updated 6/21/12
Captain
# 3
06-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Official going on vacation bump.
Captain
# 4
07-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Bitesize UGC review link added for Finding Resolution
Captain
# 5
08-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Updated 8/12/2012
Captain
# 6
10-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Updated 10/17/12
Captain
# 7
10-19-2012, 06:18 PM
New mission added; 10/19/12
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Hey, Evil! Hope you have been well. You reviewed my mission "Finding resolution" a while back and I have a new one for you when you have a chance.

The Far wanderer
ID: ST-HFXJYEDSW
FACTION: Federation
PLAY TIME: Aprox. 40 minutes
GAME PLAY: Investigation, Exploration, some Space Combat, Dialogue Heavy.

Many Thanks, AJS
Federation Mission - The Far Wanderer
Author: ajstoner
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HFXJYEDSW

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission with amazingly detailed map design, excellent story dialogue, and a few battles too. I would highly recommend this mission to all players who like a great story combined with great map designs and a few battles. This is not a combat oriented mission but is amazingly well done.

Below are a few issues I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a very detailed description; however you should consider moving the actual mission description above the {MissionInfo) data. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: Consider adding the start location to the initial mission task. This will make it easier for players to play your mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
The Vorn System: This is a good map with a fun battle and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Alien Power Control: This is a fantastic map design with amazing detail. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The initial dialogue; consider changing "We have place your down in what seems to be" to read "We have placed you down in what appears to be".
-On some of the decks you used I noted a shimmer when I moved. This is caused by overlapping objects with similar texture. If you decrease their alignment of overlapping objects by .001 on the "X, Y, or Z" axis as needed should mitigate the effect.
-While the map design is outstanding and very detailed the BOFFs seem to have a hard time staying with me in some areas. This is okay as long as the player does not have to engage enemy mobs.

Alien Hydroponics Lab: This is a fantastic map design with amazing detail. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The initial dialogue; consider changing "This musty be the right place" to read "This must be the right place", unless you were making a joke about the age of the ship.
-As with the other map, the map design is outstanding and very detailed the BOFFs seem to have a hard time staying with me in some areas. This is okay as long as the player does not have to engage enemy mobs.

Alien Hibernation Chamber: This is a fantastic map design with amazing detail. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-As with the other maps, the map design is outstanding and very detailed the BOFFs seem to have a hard time staying with me in some areas. This is okay as long as the player does not have to engage enemy mobs.

Alien Bridge: This is a fantastic map design with amazing detail and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Vorn XII Orbit: This is a good map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The "Confront the Klingons" dialogue; consider changing "K'plah, [ShipName]" to read "Qapla', [ShipName]"
-Consider changing the response button "K'plah" to read "Qapla'".
-Consider having all enemy engagements take place in the same area around the alien ship. The last battle was very tough without support.

Epilogue: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue and is an excellent wrap up to the mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did an amazing job developing this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work.
Brian

This critique report also filed 10/21/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
# 9
10-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Great mission AJS. Don't think I've seen interior map design as good anywhere else.
Captain
# 10
11-11-2012, 04:39 PM
New mission added; 11/11/12.