Tech Support Panda
# 11
06-20-2012, 09:32 AM
If you link your Cryptic account to a PWE account, it'll make things much easier on you and the Customer Support staff, once all the Cryptic accounts merge into a PWE account later on.

Our new tech support forum is the tech support department's. Minimal red tape to get answers to you all and reply to you. For ALL games, no tiered support, so ALL players can post and ask questions on the forum. I worked to get it put together over this last year, and we are working to expand the support knowledge base even more.

Tech Support being slow via the old Cryptic was because they were overwhelmed and had really deep queues. When we combined CS teams, we helped clear out all the queues for ALL the games so we would be able to have a much higher chance of 24 hour or less turn around. Especially for tech support.

Give us a chance, you might like us

Also, there are some forum bugs with the new switchover, please be patient as the teams work on it.
Captain
# 12
06-20-2012, 11:13 AM
edit: Never mind. Not worth the trouble
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining

Last edited by mikewendell; 06-20-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Ensign
# 13 Can't Login to PWE Support Forum
05-25-2013, 05:06 AM
When I click 'Login', I get this error:
"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Similar thing with Chrome. IE just never completes.

Cookies are not disabled.
Career Officer
# 14
07-12-2013, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosid View Post
When I click 'Login', I get this error:
"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Similar thing with Chrome. IE just never completes.

Cookies are not disabled.
got a friend who can access this no problems ( i built his computer) yet the identical machine i built for my self has the above error. My other gaming machine upstairs has the same error as does the laptop and the computer at my partners workplace.....
Ensign
# 15
08-02-2013, 11:39 PM
As it is not possible to select PRODUCT & CATEGORY in the so called SUPPORT page. It is not possible to file a ticket to get support.
Career Officer
# 16
08-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krilldarn View Post
got a friend who can access this no problems ( i built his computer) yet the identical machine i built for my self has the above error. My other gaming machine upstairs has the same error as does the laptop and the computer at my partners workplace.....
I've had this problem for some time now. Supposedly, posting about your problem here will somehow make things better...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=765581&page=2
Career Officer
# 17
08-29-2013, 04:05 PM
post your problem where you like because PWE ignore it anyway... raised a ticket 50 days ago... posted on this forum and PWE support forum, short of writing the ticket with a plane in the sky i am not holding out for much of a response.........

Support at least entails that something is addressed or resolved and as for tickets being dealt with in the order they are received.......Fleet mate raised a ticket two weeks after mine and has had it answered..... The support service here is beyond comical.....

Please please please do not let PWE get involved in any plans to defend earth from approaching asteroids as between them they probably couldn't crack an egg and if they did they would look down and find the egg was probably a ping pong ball

I also get the same server error trying to get to info about my ticket... On this computer, My laptop, The other gaming machine upstairs and the Ipad..... the ipad was not on my network but using wap........
Lieutenant
# 18 Can you fix it again!?!
09-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Ok since the patch I wasn't able to access my STO account for two weeks and then last thursday I got a E-Mail from support that the problem was fixed by having one of my avatars map moved and low and behold I was in...and was able to play....soo I log off for the night and the next day after work I try to log in again..The problem reared it ugly head again were it crashed as soon as I get to the select screen soo can they fix it again?
Lieutenant
# 19
10-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Few days ago I've sent a ticket, two days later I got a list of suggestions... about 90% identical to the "I tried so far" list in the very first entry. They don't even take the time to read the entire ticket, regardless the size of it.
Ensign
# 20 YAY! PWE Support! j/k
12-07-2013, 03:40 PM
I find a rather major problem (for myself) and navigate to these very forums for help. After scanning around, no dice, so I click the amazing "Support" button up there, and end up at PWE support. Okay, I'll give it a shot. Submit a trouble ticket with all I have tried, as many specific details as I can muster, and send it off. Months later, I get a response (I don't count the 'These actions might help' message I got). The extremely helpful people at PWE Support suggested I wait. Really? Wait? Brilliant. I must have forgotten to log in at different times on different days to ensure that it wasn't a traffic issue. Their 'reply' managed to tell me to basicaly try everything I had already done again. As expected, I still can't play STO.

If their intent is to completely destroy STO in order to promote PW, then they should just shut down the servers already. Then all the actual talent at Cryptic could move on with their lives, and stop wasting their expertise on new lockbox names.
Closed Thread