Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,047
# 1 Linking Your Accounts
06-20-2012, 12:21 PM
We've just launched the new Star Trek Online website, and we're sure you have questions. Read more for answers and other important information.


Link to the news article.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
# 2
06-20-2012, 12:23 PM
What about the in game mail, I'm hearing reports of it disappearing after linking accounts, any word on if this is intended?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 3
06-20-2012, 12:26 PM
if our fourm name is different from our in game @handle will our in game name now change? as you see my name is all lower case in fourms and used to be all uppers. my in game @handle is all uppers. would hope that stays the same. also would it be possible for my fourm name to beccome all uppers as well?

Last edited by broken1981; 06-20-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8
# 4
06-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We've just launched the new Star Trek Online website, and we're sure you have questions. Read more for answers and other important information.


Link to the news article.
I am dissappointed with that FAQ. It states that account names were reserved, and yet I found myself having to make a new account and forum used name. :frown: The form had filled itself out with my old data, which was promptly in red to say it was taken.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 369
# 5
06-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Cool, will do
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,047
# 6
06-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickeyzombie View Post
What about the in game mail, I'm hearing reports of it disappearing after linking accounts, any word on if this is intended?
This should not be occurring. I'll forward the concern to the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
if our fourm name is different from our in game @handle will our in game name now change? as you see my name is all lower case in fourms and used to be all uppers. my in game @handle is all uppers. would hope that stays the same. also would it be possible for my fourm name to beccome all uppers as well?
We added this to the FAQ that is linked:


Quote:
What about my @handle? Is it gone?

Nope. Your @handle is integral to your Cryptic account, and will always be what you use in-game. Think of it this way: instead of two names, now you have three: Account name, @handle, and forum name. Your @handle and forum name CAN be the same, but will not be automatically. Changing your forum name does NOT change your @handle, or vice versa.
Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 7
06-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Why wasn't this released in advance of the changes and why wasn't the community told these changes would occur?

Not that I am bothered to much by the changes, I just think this could have been better handled.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 733
# 8
06-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We added this to the FAQ that is linked:
Quote:
What about my @handle? Is it gone?

Nope. Your @handle is integral to your Cryptic account, and will always be what you use in-game. Think of it this way: instead of two names, now you have three: Account name, @handle, and forum name. Your @handle and forum name CAN be the same, but will not be automatically. Changing your forum name does NOT change your @handle, or vice versa.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So uh... do we still have Cryptic accounts? Why does that response specifically mention Cryptic Accounts if we all have PW accounts now?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 369
# 9
06-20-2012, 12:45 PM
I linked them it seems, but I dont see the prize....
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,077
# 10
06-20-2012, 12:46 PM
One big problem ... My @handle was considered to have "illegal" characters in it.

And even though my characters in game are still labeled with my old @handle (@P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R) .... my forum handle is genhauk.

What does this mean ... I cannot buy C-points nor Zen nor tie existing characters to my "Core" page.

In fact, I'm told that I have zero characters on the Core page and thus cannot buy Zen until I have at least one character at level 10.

News flash ... I've got 18 characters in game.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:53 PM.