Ensign
# 11
06-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
What about my @handle? Is it gone?

Nope. Your @handle is integral to your Cryptic account, and will always be what you use in-game. Think of it this way: instead of two names, now you have three: Account name, @handle, and forum name. Your @handle and forum name CAN be the same, but will not be automatically. Changing your forum name does NOT change your @handle, or vice versa.
Yes. and I WANT to change my display name/forum name. WHERE CAN I DO THIS?
The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.

"You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
Empire Veteran
# 12
06-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganusmikaru View Post
What he said.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 13
06-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We've just launched the new Star Trek Online website, and we're sure you have questions. Read more for answers and other important information.

Link to the news article.
Yeah I do, who thought this was a good idea and how long have you given them to clean out their desk?

Same question for the chap/chapette that thought the site looked good and thought less functionality would be super.

EDIT: BTW, any reason you chose ot usea pic of the old, inaccurate and much less enjoyable model of the Galaxy class over the newer one for your backgrounds?
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/vector7_bucket/Batman-Arkham-City-The-Joker-Trailer-Banner-614x239.jpg

Last edited by josephkerr; 06-20-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Captain
# 14
06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Its strange, my @ handle i can login with Cryptic stuff and it says its bound to PWE already, but i cannot login with it? Pressing the 'Have a cryptic account?' thingy wont work either cuz i have to make a totally new one..

WTF is going on its all messed up..
Ensign
# 15
06-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
This, please don't suggest we do something unless you're SURE we can actually do it on this broken-as-all-hell new forum.

Also the game character section of my profile is useless, as it doesn't have any STO characters there.
Career Officer
# 16
06-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Ditto for me. The merge for some reason chopped the first 4 letters off my forum name.
Ensign
# 17
06-20-2012, 12:58 PM
I had already linked my accounts before this big move. I linked them the day I first bought Zen and have been signing in using the Perfect World sign in ever since, but yet, I can't seem to get my reward from the C-Store as it is not appearing. How can I get this resolved?
Ensign
# 18
06-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanix1986 View Post
I had already linked my accounts before this big move. I linked them the day I first bought Zen and have been signing in using the Perfect World sign in ever since, but yet, I can't seem to get my reward from the C-Store as it is not appearing. How can I get this resolved?
You only get the reward if you link them now, during this promo - not after it, not before it.

Just like every other promo - I bought gamma quadrant doffs last month and got no Lobi crystals
Empire Veteran
# 19
06-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Will our infractions points be carried over, or do new forums mean a fresh start with a clean slate?
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
06-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
Why wasn't this released in advance of the changes and why wasn't the community told these changes would occur?

Not that I am bothered to much by the changes, I just think this could have been better handled.
I agree why wasn't this FAQ and more information released BEFORE the changes were made. Atleast give us time to prepare and make sure we get the forum names we want. I'm lucky I got the same one a lot of others weren't so lucky and are NOT happy with the names they got, is there anyway they can still change them?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard