Lt. Commander
# 1 Federation Ship Build Guide
06-20-2012, 01:41 PM
He everyone noticed that there have been tons of build threads so I decided to make my own builds and post them on this thread. These builds are everyone's to use, enjoy!

Assault Cruiser Build

Power Settings:
Weapons - 95 / 75
Shields - 94/ 75
Engines - 42 / 25
Auxiliary - 36/ 25

Weapon Loadout -

Fore: Phaser Beam Array MK XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Fore: Dual Phaser Beam Bank MK XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Fore: Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XII*[CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]

Aft: Phaser Beam Array MK XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Aft: Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XII*[CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]

Deflector: Assimilated Deflector Array
Engine: Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
Shield: MACO Shield MK XII

Tactical Console: Phaser Relay MK XI

Science Console: Field Generator MK XI

Engineering Console: Assimilated Module
Engineering Console: Emergency Force Fields MK XI
Engineering Console: Neutronium Armor MK XI

Devices: Large Shield Battery, Subspace Field Modulator, Deuterium Surplus, Large Weapon Battery

Bridge Officer Layout:
LT Tac: Tactical Team 1, Torpedo: Spread 2
LT CMD Eng: Emergency Power to Auxiliary 1, Auxiliary to Structural 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 2
CMD Eng: Engineering Team 1, Directed Energy Modulation 1, Emergency Power to Shields 3, Eject Warp Plasma 2
LT Sci: Science Team 1, Polarize Hull 2

Odyssey Build

Power Settings:
Weapons - 114 / 95
Shields - 81 / 50
Engines - 47 / 25
Auxiliary - 55 / 30

Weapon Loadout -

Fore: Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XII*[CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]

Science Console: Assimilated Module

Engineering Console: Rcs

Devices: Large Shield Battery, Subspace Field Modulator, Deuterium Surplus, Large Weapon Battery

Bridge Officer Layout:
LT CMD Science: Hazard Emitters 1, Photonic Officer 1 , Feedback Pulse 2
CMD Eng: Engineering Team 1, Directed Energy Modulation 1, Emergency Power to Shields 3, Eject Warp Plasma 2
Ens Sci:*Tractor Beam 1

Exploration Cruiser Retrofit

Power Settings:
Weapons - 95 / 75
Shields - 94/ 75
Engines - 42 / 25
Auxiliary - 36/ 25

Weapon Loadout -

Fore: Photon Torpedo Launcher MK XII [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]

Aft: Photon Torpedo Launcher MK XII [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Aft: Photon Torpedo Launcher MK XII [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]

Science Console: Biofunction Monitor MK XI

Engineering Console: Saucer Separation
Engineering Console: Assimilated Module

Bridge Officer Layout:
LT CMD Eng: Emergency Power to Auxiliary 1, Auxiliary to Structural 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 2

Last edited by carbongrip; 06-20-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-20-2012, 01:41 PM
More Builds coming soon!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
you may want to mention that these are PVP layouts, obviously Phasers are worthless in PVE.

I'm not really following you on the assault cruiser build either: Why '4' torpedoes?? Why 3 borg pieces? The 3-set borg set bonus triggers 10% of the time when a shield facing is reduced below 20%. That's way to unreliable. It would be much better to take the MACO MK12 deflector to get the 2-set MACO bonus and the additional HP that the MACO deflector grants.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
you may want to mention that these are PVP layouts, obviously Phasers are worthless in PVE.

I'm not really following you on the assault cruiser build either: Why '4' torpedoes?? Why 3 borg pieces? The 3-set borg set bonus triggers 10% of the time when a shield facing is reduced below 20%. That's way to unreliable. It would be much better to take the MACO MK12 deflector to get the 2-set MACO bonus and the additional HP that the MACO deflector grants.
This is a work in progress but I have to disagree, this build works in all types of combat just fine. I always use these builds and they work fine. The game is designed to work with any load out in all types of game play
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Phasers have no proc or benefit in STFs: They do not disable borg subsystems. That makes them mathematically worse than everything in PVE: even plasma weapons would be better to take to an STF than phasers.

Of course, the phaser 'does' work amazingly in PVP, and plasma weapons are totally useless in PVP... but if you're trying to imply that a build using phasers is in any way 'optimal' for STFs, you are incorrect and misleading your readers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
Phasers have no proc or benefit in STFs: They do not disable borg subsystems. That makes them mathematically worse than everything in PVE: even plasma weapons would be better to take to an STF than phasers.

Of course, the phaser 'does' work amazingly in PVP, and plasma weapons are totally useless in PVP... but if you're trying to imply that a build using phasers is in any way 'optimal' for STFs, you are incorrect and misleading your readers.
They do work fine just they may not have Borg perfection:biggrin:
Captain
# 7
06-20-2012, 04:11 PM
My Assault cruiser build is similar, but uses 7 beam arrays and 1 quantum instead. I use phasers for pvp and antiproton for pve on it though.

You should run full power to weapons and 50 to shields, and just switch to a defensive power setting with 100 to shields only when you need to, then switch back.
Also a power setting with 75 to shields and 75 to aux is good when you are healing people.

Boff layout is:

Lt Tac- TT1, and BO2 or FAW2
Ensign Tac- TT1

Commander Eng- EPTS1 ET2 RSP2 RSP3
LTC Eng- EPTS1 DEM2 Aux2S2

Lt Sci-HE1 TSS2

Use 3 pc borg and Maco shields with same consoles, it tanks pretty good, heals teamates good, and its broadside hits a lot harder then the 4 beam build. Torp spread used against bbig slow targets or to finish off people when chasing them.

Last edited by marc8219; 06-20-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2012, 04:11 PM
I will agree that some people prefer phasers because they are cannon. In fact, I was quite upset to learn that phasers were inferior PVE weapons... thanks devs :p I eventually got used to my lovely red doom AP beams. I'll agree to disagree on this point.

Moving on, I still have no idea why you'd put 4 torpedoes on a beam array build. I could see 1 front 1 back, that would help with your beam power, but with 4, the torpedoes will put each other on cooldown so you'd have to constantly swing around.
Captain
# 9
06-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Phasers are slightly less useful in PVE but its not all that big of a deal just because the proc wont work on borg other procs dont work to good on them either, and AP only very slightly increases damage. If you are getting a first set of [Borg] weapons and want to use them for pve and pvp i would still go with the phasers and wait until you save up eneough prototype salvage to get a set of antiproton weapons for STFs
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Phasers are slightly less useful in PVE but its not all that big of a deal just because the proc wont work on borg other procs dont work to good on them either, and AP only very slightly increases damage. If you are getting a first set of [Borg] weapons and want to use them for pve and pvp i would still go with the phasers and wait until you save up eneough prototype salvage to get a set of antiproton weapons for STFs
Exactly, this is what I have been trying to say. Also pve is not hard so you can use any build with a good captain behind the helm.