Lt. Commander
# 141
03-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen

I'm just sorry that the community couldn't come together and congratulate him as a whole. Unfortunately this affects the way we're going to do contests from now on and we won't be able to foster the creativity of this community anymore.

I'm sorry that you've taken this excitement and enjoyment and turned it into something not good.
you spoiled it for us actually by making someone who broke the rules win where he should of clearly been D/Q'd
Lt. Commander
# 142
03-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry that you've taken this excitement and enjoyment and turned it into something not good.
You are turning this back on us? This is absolutely not the right stance to take. If anything the 300 word limit "fostered creativity" because it presented a challenge, a GREAT one for us to adhere to.

Please, you can't take this personally. Understand you're dealing with TREKKIES here. We gorge ourselves on rules, and facts, and minutae. The ideals of the Federation are adherence to a strict code of laws. These boards themselves are a meeting place where we can enjoy similiar principles.

And mosst importantly, celebrate one another because of our mutual interest. I applaud the winner. He wrote a great story. The conflict here isn't that it wasn't a great read. The conflict arrises because with more room to maneuver, several of us feel we could have done a better job as well.

It's a moot point now. I've opened a thread in the Holodeck where everyone can post their stories. Let's enjoy one another's efforts and move on to the next event. I'm hesitant to call them contests. I think we should start viewing these as an opportunity for community participation. Competition seems silly now.
Lt. Commander
# 143
03-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Quote:
I'm just sorry that the community couldn't come together and congratulate him as a whole. Unfortunately this affects the way we're going to do contests from now on and we won't be able to foster the creativity of this community anymore.

We haven't done anything Awen, you (the team) have. It is very insulting to try and redirect your error onto us. Your point of saying "Unfortunately this affects the way we're going to do contests from now on" is kind of a null point anyway since the way you 'did contests' before was completely out there anyway it seems.

I'm happy for the winner, truly, and to be honest I feel a bit sorry for him that your team has caused all this ill will centered around his entry.

Oh and saying you have the right to change the rules as and when you see fit is like the words of a dictatorship.

After reading hundreds of entries at 300 words I would find it difficult to not notice that one was twice as long. I noticed after reading just one without reference, as did most of the other posters.
Closed Thread